By Kannachan13 - 28/08/2013 23:02 - United States - New York

Today, I was fired when a customer called corporate, saying I was unprofessional and rude. The "customer" in question was my little sister, who I would not let buy beer with a fake ID. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 339
You deserved it 3 085

Kannachan13 tells us more.

Op here. It's an at will state, and the store had a strict please-all-guests policy. From what I was told it was out of my bosses hands as they actually called corporate and there was no proof it was her. As far as parents well I doubt anything will come of that

Top comments

Surely they have to keep a record of who the complainant is??? And when the alleged incident occurred? Her childish behaviour warrants her being dragged by the ear to your head office to please explain.

Did they not know who filed the complaint or why the complaint was really sent? Because they should probably check that out first... Bring your sister to your boss to explain what she did, why she did, and to apologize.

Comments

I don't understand how so many people seem to get fired for such absolute bullshit reasons, but don't bother to pursue a wrongful dismissal case against the company. If you can prove that the complainant was a) attempting to do something illegal and b) immediate family just trying to **** with you, then you have a legit case for a wrongful dismissal suit. Why would you just roll over and take it up the kiester? Also, the company should be thanking you. If you sell alcohol to a minor, and that kid goes out and gets themselves killed while drunk off the booze you sold them, you and the company are legally liable. Either way, your sister deserves a serious coont-kicking.

If you really like your job then sue to get it back

Epikouros 31

Were you unprofessional and rude? Even if it's your little sister, you can't kick her ass while you're representing your employer.

skyeyez9 24

My brother was a jerk, but he never tried to lie to my supervisors to get me fired.

seatitan 12

lol. someone has lost his job n someone is asking about the availability of beer!

We all know how the situation is unfair, but I cant help to state how well you can screw over your sister with this: she costed you your job, AND she is attempting to buy alcohol illegally. I say make her pay. Your superiors are morons, btw. Good luck getting your job back or finding a new one.

You Should of Just let her Buy the damn Beer.

Its illegal. OP was doing her job right, and it was her sister that was in the wrong. If we facilitate wrong things like this every time we don't feel like getting it a confrontation, then mankind would go downhill really damn fast.

I think that your company should follow employment law n you can lodge a complaint. Read your employment contract if they fired you without notice they need to compensate. If it does tell the company to pay it. Also explain to them what had happened. Tell them what will happen to the company if the police find out that they sell beer to underage n also you can truly see how the company deal with situation and is not worth working for them anymore.

Man up and drag your sister to the place and make her apologize to the manager after she explains what happened. If that doesn't work sue for wrongful termination since you were abiding by state and federal laws about alcohol and I.D.s