By Anonymous - 24/12/2015 18:06 - United States - Kennewick

Today, I told my friend I was considering adopting a dog. She looked at me like I was Satan and went on a rant about how dogs are "born evil" and will always maul someone given the chance. I still have the marks from when one of her psycho cats sliced open my arm last month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 815
You deserved it 1 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If treated right, dogs are the most loyal and loving creatures, don't listen to her.

The only bad dogs are the ones raised bad. I love dogs and currently own two. Don't listen to her OP, and if you want to adopt a dog, I highly suggest it. Happy adopting :)

Comments

MonstreBelle 28

I have a friend with that same mindset. It doesn't help that I have a Pit Bull and a German Shepherd. While I was fostering my pittie (he had been rescued from a dog fighting ring where he was used as a bait dog), I fell completely in love with him and we were just such a good fit, so I decided to adopt him. She actually stopped talking to me for a while after I made that decision

the pit sounds like a better friend than your friend then.

MonstreBelle 28

He's the best friend a girl could ask for! Somehow, despite having suffered such horrific abuse, he still has unconditional love that he wants to show everyone he meets even though he has every reason to hate people.

spacefish966 18

were you messing with her cat and missing the signs? cats usually give warnings when they're pissed, if it was just out of play, then you can't blame the cat. that's just how they are. I get clawed all the time when my cats are playful. but they never attack me out of anger. they've never growled at me, only each other but very rarely. they're like children. they're a reflection of their parents. every animal is different. please don't hate cats for scratching you.

countryb_cth 38

Some cats don't give a sign at all. We had a cat from a pet store (we swear it had brain damage) and she would come up to you and pur and want cuddles. Then out of no where she would attack you. She even attacked my mom while she was feeding her. That cat was evil. We had her since a kitten and gave her all the love and care we could but something was very wrong with her.

I currently have a dog that randomly has self harming bouts where he spins in circles and bites his own leg. Special needs animals are work, but dogs can be crazy too.

I have a cat that doesn't always give warning signs. Sometimes she loves you, others she hates you. She loves to lay on beds or laps and normally doesn't mind if you sit beside her. She attacked my face for sitting beside her the other day. I ended up with 3 scratches across my nose, a scratch under one eye, a claw mark under my other my other eye, and she got a claw stuck in my lip. All for sitting beside her. All with absolutely NO warning. Sometimes she will warn (growl, hiss, etc.) but not always. She's also epileptic (has seizures) so her personality can yoyo based on how her health is that day.

I looked like I got in a fight by the time I got her claw out of my lip and blood was running down my face and all over my shirt and bed (my blood doesn't always clot right). Easter (the cat) ran from my room as I ran for the peroxide and gauze. Mom just shook her head. I had to avoid people for the next couple days because people (including friends) thought I had been beaten up by someone. It's funny now (I wasn't happy at that point though). Stupid cat and her goofed up brain.

Dogs will actually never (almost never) maul you to pieces if trained correctly. I have two German Shepherds and I've never had the slightest feeling that they would hurt me. I actually spend a lot of time cuddling with them :) good luck.

I would prefer dogs over cats anyway, just my personal opinion OP! We had a cat once, but it tore up almost all of the furniture... we've since gotten a dog, and so far so good! Have a Merry Christmas!!

As a CAT person... unless you are her room mate & planning on moving a dog into her home, screw her! Dogs are wonderful companions. Please rescue/adopt, don't buy.

unless you are her room mate i cut ties cause dogs if not abused are gentle things who love unconditionally that's why they're called mans best friend

Cats are awesome. I prefer them to dogs. She's wrong about them being born evil, but still I've never heard of being mauled to death by a house cat.

because they're smarter than that. they just trip you going down the stairs

I guess she seems more like a cat person...