By Spike2013 - 25/02/2015 05:57 - Canada - Thompson

Today, I T-boned a woman who pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. According to her, the accident was my fault because she "didn't see" me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 876
You deserved it 2 989

Spike2013 tells us more.

Hey, OP here. I was on the road, the other driver was exiting the parking lot and pulled out directly in front of me. I hit the drivers side front fender and door on her car. I had no time to stop. Fortunately for her, I was well under the speed limit otherwise it would have been a lot worse. The police said she was 100% at fault because she didn't make sure it was safe to proceed.

Top comments

Goblin182 26

Sounds like she needs to re learn the rules of the road..

Comments

While her excuse is stupid, without actually being there, I can't really pass judgment, because it can really go either way. In a parking lot, you should always anticipate cars driving out at any moment, so either you were going at an reasonable speed of about 5-8 mph (8-12kph) and she launched out of her space, giving you no time to react, or you we going faster than that and both you and her weren't paying attention. As aforementioned, I wasn't there so I can't say, the circumstances could have been way different but thats how I see the possibilities. Myself , I prefer to back into my parking spaces so I have a better view when it's time to get going, and I feel a save a modicum of time.

gobiteme2 34

I hate to say this but I will. Canadian Drivers

Hey, OP here. I was on the road, the other driver was exiting the parking lot and pulled out directly in front of me. I hit the drivers side front fender and door on her car. I had no time to stop. Fortunately for her, I was well under the speed limit otherwise it would have been a lot worse. The police said she was 100% at fault because she didn't make sure it was safe to proceed.

Good to hear police were involved OP. Some people just can't admit their mistakes and use scapegoats lol

Go to court if they ask you to. I was in a similar accident but it totaled my car. He contested the ticket and i couldnt physically make it so he got off. Would have been a $60 ticket but still. I wanted to see him pay for causing $20k in damage and making me be in pain for over a year.

thank god! glad are both safe and the crazy lady got what she deserved some people!

#76 that sucks, I hope you feel better, join the military, get like super strong, and beat the shit outta the guy who T-boned you

amileah13 26

Some people nowadays. They try to blame other people for their mistakes in hopes they aren't caught. Hope everything ruins smoothly for you OP!

Yep... If only there was some way to see behind you when reversing...

Don't worry, the claims adjuster will place her at fault. Zero ambiguity.

Right of way. She can argue all she wants, but stupidity won't get her anywhere.

everton99 16

Today, I was T-boned while going through an intersection. The guy who hit me accused me of not using my turn signal. I was going straight. FML ^ This FML was from 2012. Seems driving is dangerous.

Yes 2 accident-related FML's Odin 3 years. Driving is a death trap!