By Spike2013 - 25/02/2015 05:57 - Canada - Thompson

Today, I T-boned a woman who pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. According to her, the accident was my fault because she "didn't see" me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 876
You deserved it 2 989

Spike2013 tells us more.

Hey, OP here. I was on the road, the other driver was exiting the parking lot and pulled out directly in front of me. I hit the drivers side front fender and door on her car. I had no time to stop. Fortunately for her, I was well under the speed limit otherwise it would have been a lot worse. The police said she was 100% at fault because she didn't make sure it was safe to proceed.

Top comments

Goblin182 26

Sounds like she needs to re learn the rules of the road..

Comments

lifeisstrange84 8

Let the arriving cop determine who's at fault.

That's a very good idea except the police won't come in my city unless it is more than 2 vehicles or someone is injured.

check if there were any third parties who can be your witness ?

Practically the exact same thing happened to me about a year ago, and my insurance did nothing about it... Oh well, hopefully your insurance will understand and you'll be able to get a penny out of her!

middlenamefrank 8

I had that line used on me once...."I didn't see you there!". My response was, "That's because you didn't LOOK, you moron!". Seeing truly does require looking.

MrsLighthouse 8

As a person who has had this same experience, the woman pulling out is at fault. She should have never pulled into the roadway without knowing what vehicles were coming. And as far as OP "should have been going slow enough to able to stop" or whatever- that's nonsense. You can't control when someone pulls out in front of you and you can't control your vehicles natural stopping ability.

One day she might have this epitaph on her headstone. He was in my blind spot There he was, so here I'm not

nevilninja 9

Unless you were speeding it's not your fault. You come to a complete stop then inch out slowly until you can see traffic in both directions. If she couldn't see you that's her fault for not being careful.

No. Not FYL. You'll be fine. Insurance will side with you, and believe me your insurance will fight tooth and nail over that.

PANDORUM89 21

well did she even bother to stop and look?

PANDORUM89 21

I obviously understand that she didn't but when people say oh I didn't see you its because they didn't look so me being me I would point out their stupidity so my original comment was what I would've asked the woman. I'm not asking OP.

If that's the case, you would've used quotation marks and used a different pronoun to refer to her. Let me fix it for you: "My question for her is, 'Did you even bother to stop and look?' " Using punctuation really does help, too, y'know.