By Mindersss - 01/10/2015 10:46 - United Kingdom

Today, I started my new job. Not even 2 hours in did some old man ask me where I live, what's my number, and if I was interested in being with him and his friends. This guy is at least over 50 and works with me. I left my old job because some old men kept asking the same things. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 560
You deserved it 2 213

Mindersss tells us more.

Hey! wow this was actually posted. I work in an apprentice, I do business and admin. I am only 19 years old. I have taken it up with my office manager and HR. These guys are just creeps and have been told to stay away from me. For those who say "well you must be doing something" I am not. I dress in jeans and a top, nothing is on show, and even if it was, it does not give them the right to ask where I live and that. I have never given out where I live. I actually have a boyfriend, and if they ask me out, I do tell them, but even if I was single it is none of their business. Thank you to everyone who did back me up, and to those who are saying I must be doing something, please just leave, I do not have time for your comments. I am not to blame here, the guy was, he is married, (could tell from the ring on his finger) and if he has kids, he should be so ashamed! I am only 19!

Top comments

Definitely talk to a higher up or HR. That's really inappropriate. Set firm 'no' boundaries now, and if it continues file for harassment to your boss, don't take any of that. Don't lose your job because of someone else ruining it.

The constant for OP was her being a female, that's usually all it takes.

Comments

Maybe it's time to become self-employed?

that's sexual harassment, you should have talked to hr

Tom Cruise is over 50, so you might want to revise your definition of old... that said HR is the way to go if he doesn't take "no" to mean "go away and don't bother me again"...

Old is relative. To a 20 year old, 50 might be old, to a 10 year old, 20 may be old and 50 may very well be ancient.

Old is relative in different ways... I've known people of various ages who were widely under or over their physical ages in both looks and personality... I remember two 22-ish year old friends, from a little while back, one was 22 going on 17 (gotta be impressed by anyone who can party to 5am regularly on work nights) and one 22 going on 34....

*Cruise, sorry. Though Tom Hanks is, too

you have a phone, OP, record his ass and blackmail him.........problem solved

Blackmail? That's a scumbag thing to do, she should just talk to HR

not every company has an HR department... small businesses will just get rid of the new hire if she's "causing problems"

Last time I checked, blackmail is illegal...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HerpNdurp88 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You could say those jokes are getting pretty old.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
HPCullen251 21

It. Doesn't. Matter. It is still not okay. It wouldn't be okay if she was completely naked. No one has the right to harass someone to the point of making them so uncomfortable they have to leave their job.

Perverts couldn't care less about what you're wearing or not.

What you wear has nothing to do with harassment. I got sexual comments several times while wearing a slightly too big McDonald's uniform. Could you think of anything less sexy???

downfall of being a stripper. I'm jk but in all seriousness I hope this gets resolved soon. nothing worse then being uncomfortable at work.