By darkdollyone - 19/05/2010 01:36 - Spain

Today, I saw a very pretty girl at the nightclub. She looked at me so I took a sexy pose while drinking, trying to look cool. I put the straw in my nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 503
You deserved it 390

Top comments

dommiebear 12

All that sexiness you were trying to conjure up probably would have been negated anyway, since you had the kind of drink that demands a straw to begin with.

There once was a man named Murphy, whom often lurked in the shadows. Conniving and comedic, he wrote a law in the same moment he spoke it, "If anything can go wrong, it will."

Comments

There once was a man named Murphy, whom often lurked in the shadows. Conniving and comedic, he wrote a law in the same moment he spoke it, "If anything can go wrong, it will."

dommiebear 12

All that sexiness you were trying to conjure up probably would have been negated anyway, since you had the kind of drink that demands a straw to begin with.

I'm confused about how that makes a difference

Any drink that has ice in it should have a straw, are iced drinks not sexy?

At least there was no umbrella (that we know of).

Because it isn't manly? OP is a woman though

noonenoeone 22

The easiest way to contract hepatitis c is from the rim of a glass used by other persons. Always use a straw especially at an establishment such as a club where the glasses are likely washed by hand by an underpaid and overworked bar back. Unless of course hepatitis c is less of a turn off than your use of a straw to a potential partner, then by all means drink away!

hellobobismyname 24

I mean, you deserved it for trying to look cool, but if a guy looked at me and their straw went up his nose, I would have found it dorky and hilarious and would have probably enjoyed a conversation with him. You could have used it as an ice breaker :P

Anyone trying to do a "sexy pose" instead of just going over and saying hello to the girl you're interested in is setting themselves up for failure and humiliation.

99% of the time when people try to look cool, they don't. Even when they don't manage to stick a straw up their nose.

You picked up the straw while trying to pick up the girl. Need to work on the game plan.

We are almost in 2017 and this guy still try to impress a girl with sexy POSE? Really dude? Next time man up and go over and have a normal conversation or talk like an Adult.

We're almost in 2017 and a guy is still so hung up on heteronormativity he assumes anyone trying to pick up a girl is a "dude" who needs to "man up" even on a site that has clear gender flags.

species4872 19

#10 Why are you so hung up on what he thinks?

Join me as I address #7's comment point by point! 1. OP is female, so any of the be-more-masculine stuff is irrelevant. 2. Flirting isn't like a Pokémon battle where you can only choose one move per round; she could smile while taking a sip of her drink and then go talk. 3. What does it nearly being 2017 have to do with anything? Are we working towards a global goal whereby in 2017 all flirting will be purely verbal? 4. Even if the year mattered, this was posted /seven years ago/.

cootiequeen4444 11

Are you on a computer? I'm on the phone app and see no gender indicator. Which, btw, have been apparently wrong in the past. As previously different gender icons turned up for different people. Though it's been awhile since I've seen comments that indicated that. However, a lack of, or accidentally showing of a gender icon has been an issue. So give a guy a break regarding the gender icon bit.

I'll give him just as much a break as he gave the OP… so I'll probably use the phrase "man up" and talk about 2017.

Haha. Now she probably thinks you're just a Coke addict.

"sexy pose" + drunk = straw in the nose remember this equation OP

species4872 19