By doemetoch - 07/04/2014 13:49 - Belgium - Brussels

Today, I really needed to be cheered up a bit after having had a horrible, depressing weekend. Luckily the guy I've been dating for some time, and who I really like, invited me over for dinner. Apparently, he wanted to see me so he could tell me he thinks we should stop seeing each other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 358
You deserved it 4 226

doemetoch tells us more.

OP here (yeah, I decided to make an account.) You're all right about him being very polite and all that, he was super sweet and mature about it and I could see he felt genuinely bad. But you know... somehow it's easier if a guy breaks up in a stupid way, at least then you're like "ugh, whatever, I deserve better than this anyway!" Or is that just me?

Top comments

Kudos to him for having the strength and courtesy to do it in person.

Nothing a little B and J can't fix. It sucks now but try to keep your head up. Yes I was talking about ice cream.

Comments

hey that's too bad, OP. Sorry, we all have days like the one you're having. I hope you get through it and that tomorrow is 10x better! :)

at least it ended before it went on any longer. im sorry op. another one bites the dust

It seems like when it rains, it pours. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something. You just need to realign yourself and start again. Very new age, but it's true. :-)

I realign myself every twenty seconds or so. Nothing helps. I still walk at an angle.

91hayek 31

I'd realign you and OP all day. I'd realign everyone in this thread. I just need someone to realign. I'm just realignly :(

Belgian chocolate + a night out. Bye bye bad feelings!

MrsPlague 11

It always gets worse before it gets better, right?

He did you a favor, if he doesn't like you then it wasn't going to work out anyways and he knew that so he stopped before it got more serious. You can't make him like you, just keep your head up and better yourself and look again, I know someone will treat you right OP, best of wishes!

I hope you're doing okay, but don't hold any hard feelings against him, at least he was brave enough, and kind enough, to tell you in person rather than through text. Best of luck!

drumguy218 11

at least he didnt do it over text...

There's plenty if fish in the sea! Don't worry OP

bluefrootloops 13