By Kelnyquist - 13/09/2016 05:37 - United States

Today, I'm a horse trainer and I started working with a lady's horse. After two hours of hard work and sweat, me and the horse in question are tired and I tell her I'll be back tomorrow. I get to the part where she's supposed to pay me and she says, "Oh! I thought this was free!?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 719
You deserved it 1 305

Kelnyquist tells us more.

OP here! This was the first time I was handling a client on my own. I've been an apprentice for several years and I was recommended to this lady by a friend of mine. I guess their conversation about me somehow made it seem as if I would do the first lesson free. I did get the payment. Me and the horse are getting on just fine now and our lessons have been reduced to thirty minutes a day. He even greets me at the gate!

Top comments

That's when you don't come back the next day. And if she calls you, say: "Oh! I thought you only wanted me for one day!?"

Who thinks that someone is going around losing money training random peoples horses?

Comments

"Neigh, I'm not horsing around. Either you pony up the money or I'll become your worst night mare!"

TheyCallMeDamien 17

She's a user. Get your money. And make it known in equestrian circles how she operates.

Letters_numbers 2

Always reach an agreement, in writing, before performing the service.

pacman490 21

These days, nothing's free, not even this comment. You owe me $5.

The word "trainer" not mean anything to her? Since she now knows then you have tomorrow to get full payment just raise your rate for tomorrow to get both covered...

That's when you go "no, it's not." And then ask for the money she owes you. Plain and simple.

CAT47LOVE 19

YDI shouldve discussed the payment before you did the work

I like how it started with today,I'm a horse trainer which means on other days you're not.

OP likes to mix it up. Some days it's bank robbery, some days she's a doctor, other days she's Donald Trump. Variety is the spice of life.

OP here! This was the first time I was handling a client on my own. I've been an apprentice for several years and I was recommended to this lady by a friend of mine. I guess their conversation about me somehow made it seem as if I would do the first lesson free. I did get the payment. Me and the horse are getting on just fine now and our lessons have been reduced to thirty minutes a day. He even greets me at the gate!

You chose a strange comment to reply to

I know But i had already started a reply and then realized it was to a specific comment after it was posted. *facepalm Also, we did discuss payments and prices before we started.