By hellolaina - 25/06/2016 00:13 - Australia

Today, I lost my virginity. It was painful, but not as painful as my boyfriend asking afterwards: "Um... did you use to be a guy?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 467
You deserved it 1 296

hellolaina tells us more.

And to answer everyone's question, no I didn't use to be a guy. And yes he is my ex.

Top comments

He sounds quite inexperienced, himself, and may need to brush up on female anatomy ...

Mathalamus 24

What was he thinking to get that conclusion?

Comments

Manna182 10

No. It sounds like he has no idea.

sarcasm doesn't work very well online!

Well technically he does, because he used to be (and presumably still is) a guy.

Well I'll certainly keep it in mind not to say something like that when I have my first time with a girl.

Whoa, sorry OP. I assume that you did NOT, in fact, "used to be a guy". You mentioned it was painful--was it your hymen? Maybe yours covered a lot of space, and he wasn't used to that? Tbh, I have no idea what would prompt that question. Sorry, OP. Hope you're okay

What the ****... Why would he think that?

ShortieRose 30

My assumption would be that op has an extremely low cervix, which can feel phallic like to an inexperienced person.

ShortieRose 30

uhhhh no? if you look up cervix you will see its shape. it is high up in the ******, for most woman, but on some it's very low... possibly even protruding out of the opening.

It is also mostly painful for the woman to be hit during sex

#21 If the cervix is protruding from the opening of the vaginal canal that is not healthy and is in most cases a prolapsed uterus. The cervix itself will pull back lengthening the ****** and allow more space when sufficient arousal takes place. A ****** is bit like the penis it gets longer during intercourse but is otherwise approximately three to four inches in depth (the length of a finger or longer). A very low or protruding cervix requires a visit to your OBGYN. Be responsible about sharing information regarding your body, okay. Don't say something is normal unless you are correctly informed.

#36 I do not miss that horrible pain! I had a hysterectomy last year and they took my cervix too. I don't have to flinch or tense up anymore!

while that sucks and bad timing, keep in mind that he didn't run away and humiliate you nor react violently to his thoughts. He just thought he slept with a trans woman and asked.

If it was just a one night stand, your comment would make more sense. Considering that he was her boyfriend, you'd think that he would question that sooner. It sounds like he was just being an asshole.

I don't understand why he would ask that!

Le_ponderer 14

The words you mean to say are, 'ex' douchebag boyfriend right?

TMO2142 25

You sound like a douche with this comment...

Unlucky1232 20

2 things 1. He's clearly inexperienced. Don't blame him 2. if you mean actually physically painful i think your hymen broke. Relax you don't need it

#24: Please don't perpetuate this myth. Hymens usually only cause pain during sex when it's an unusually closed or thick hymen. For the most part, pain during intercourse is caused by nervousness (causing muscle tension), inexperience on both parties' parts and lack of lubrication. And unless you have an imperforate hymen, it doesn't break. I repeat: It doesn't break. It just gets stretched a little, but it heals, and usually gradually recedes during adolescence.

Also you can stretch that thing doing exercise horse or bike riding slipping, dancing and gymnastics (doing he splits)

Um, my hymen as well as all of my friends were normal and when intercourse tore it, that moment that it broke through actually did hurt, so I don't understand how that's a myth... the entire act of intercourse didn't hurt, other than it being new and muscles being tight and such, as you said, but that moment did legitimately hurt in a stabbing pain sort of way. And all of my girlfriends can attest to the same type of experience.

I agree with #50. The hymen rips which is why many girls bleed the first time they have sex... That can be painful. TMI but my first time literally felt like a cherry popped. So why would you call it a myth?

When I had sex for the first time it hurt so bad my husband and I had to wait a few days to try again, and I bled quite a bit.

Some hymens don't break, some do. Some hymns are smaller (have a smaller opening) then others, and also depends on the size of the penis you lose it to.

Completely true #88. The guy that I lost my virginity to asked if I was really a virgin because I didn't bleed either of the 2 times I was with him. Turns out that his last name of "Smallwood" was accurate for his manhood. Mine broke with the 2nd guy I was with.

That was very rude of him, sorry OP! Some people can be so insensitive..