By kenzamee - 04/03/2014 14:39 - United States - Sherwood

Today, I left a message for a potential employer. It wasn't until after I'd hung up that I realized I'd given them their own phone number to call me back at. Not getting that job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 601
You deserved it 9 709

kenzamee tells us more.

I called them back! It was just a funny and embarrassing mistake. Interview next week!

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

So you gave them your future number? Nice. I like that style.

I would think as an employer, it would look better for you if you did. You made a mistake, worked out a solution to fix it and acted on it. Sounds much better than "this muppet left the wrong number and never called back"

Comments

kdm_km1 19

Call them back and give them their number again. That should do the trick lol!

robertmil90 10

Call them again...I have done that before...I didn't get the job but they appreciated the correction...

why were you so absent minded in the first place?

I agree. How does calling a place that will make it so you can live in relative luxury make you nervous?

Say you were super excited over such a nice offer.

I am sure they will understand that people sometimes have innocent mistakes. Don't let the opportunity pass by.

Call them back and give an explanation, as in your nerves got the best of you. They more than likely would understand. A lot of people do weird things while nervous, especially when it comes to finding potential employment.