By Anonymous - 20/07/2018 12:00 - Canada - Ancaster

Today, I refilled a water glass I'd left out on the counter and took a long drink. At the end, I felt something spongy and panicked. When I spit it all out into the sink, a huge centipede was staring back at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 643
You deserved it 721

Top comments

It could have been worse, friend. The centipede could have been a human one.

Comments

Leviathene 34

I refuse to believe a centipede is spongy... those creepy things legs look like they'd poke the heck out of your tongue. I'm noping the heck outta here.

mccuish 25

This has happened to me before.

Oh god this one is bad. I am irrationally terrified of centipedes an if I went through this I would literally have a heart attack and die. Just reading your fml made me feel like I have these f***ers crawling on me. Additionally, I threw up when I thought about having one in my water cup. It is an fml indeed. Sort you had to go through this op. F*** centipedes.

Have we learned yet to always rinse your glass before refilling your drink?

If I'm at home I only drink out of reusable water bottles for the simple fact they have a lid and I don't have to worry about stuff like this. Plus I won't accidentally knock it over and spill it.

Was this written on behalf of the person this happened to? Because I can't believe someone with normal vision would have done this. So I must assume it's a blind person.... in fact, several of my blind buddies are also wondering why he wouldn't check the glass first.... ok maybe he wasn't blind. Just super thirsty? But if he was THAT thirsty why not drink straight from the tap instead? Why bother with a glass. Ok. We've decided. OP is a moron.

repKyle95 24

be thankful you weren't bitten/stung - centipede envenomation are excruciatingly painful - buddy of mine was bitten by a Scolopendra dejaani and said that was the most painful bite he's endured, which include bites from cobras and pit vipers.