By subversivepanda - 18/12/2014 12:11 - Guam - Hagatna

Today, I had my midterm finals for AP Literature. My teacher had good news and bad news for us. The bad news? That he lost the file for our original exam and so had to make a harder exam for us. An exam he told us not to study for. The good news? "Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 375
You deserved it 3 419

subversivepanda tells us more.

subversivepanda 7

Hey guys! OP here! i realized that i forgot a detail. So usually, for our AP Literature exams, we get copies of practice AP exams from previous years (you know, the AP Exams at the end of the year). So for those, you literally CANNOT study. Like, there is no way to study for them since they cover practically anything and everything related to Literature.

Top comments

Well that sucks. My Spanish teacher makes tests that even someone living in Spain couldn't pass...

If everyone fails then its not something the students are doing wrong.

Comments

YDI for not studying even though the teacher said not to. I never trust any of my college professors when they say "oh you don't really need to study for the final", because it's on the same level as "it will double your money in no time"' which means, it's not true

beyondflight 16
Divergentlover 10

That sucks, exams are hard enough FYL

ColonelCusswords 24

whats the use of having a professor who deliberately fails his students?

xxreikoxx 31

Good news? He spoke what Christians (me included) believe and accept as truth. Bad news? He may end up losing his job if some angry individuals end up suing him for their perception of "forcing religion down our throats." "Today, I got fired. Why, you ask? I told my students that, despite having to make up a new and more difficult midterm due to my losing the copy of the original file, Jesus suffered and died for our sins. FML"

It's completely irrelevant from the test. There was no need to mention it in the first place. Religion needs not be involved in education. Plus, doesn't Christianity teach you to be compassionate towards others? Making a harder test is not compassionate.

xxreikoxx 31

That's exactly my point. I'm sorry you missed it.

Then why is it "Bad news" that he'll get fired for mentioning religion as his personal belief in what I assume is a public, when it states we have to remain neutral? And what about the students that don't believe in that statement?

The test wasn't about personal religious belief. It's a Literature class. They were analyzing the Bible as a piece of literature, and since there are many components to the Bible, the teacher had to narrow down the topic. He chose an analysis of the "Good News" contained in the Bible.

Some teachers aren't in it for the right reasons. Sorry, OP. Teachers should be considerate and compassionate.

My school district is going to give us a released multiple choice packet from a past AP exam for our final. The best part? They're grading it straight up so if you get the expected amount of m.c questions right...ya get a 50-60

Always study for a test, even if the teacher says you don't have to.

Well if you fail, take it to someone and challenge it because your teacher told you not to study for it.