By cpizzle12 - 29/10/2015 10:20 - United States - Manassas

Today, I got fired from my job a week before I started my new position in a different area of the company. My supervisor found out I was going to be making more money than her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 031
You deserved it 1 602

cpizzle12 tells us more.

cpizzle12 7

UPDATE: I talked with VP of sales s( he was going to be my new boss) .. And apparently something much more is going on that involves HR. HR drama going on I guess.. He will be further investigating this week and questioning the head HR lady that fired me. He called me today to get my side of the story.. Also asked me to email my resume to him. Lord willing the truth will be revealed!! I will update later when I find out more!

Top comments

Get a free consultation with an attorney, you most likely have a lawsuit here.

jentrynicole 20

That's definitely not legal. Get HR or someone involved.

Comments

dyscomonkee 12

Take these people to court do not just let this happen

Well that's ****** up. You should try to fight it, but it'll be hard to prove.

By law you can't fire/hire for race, age, or wage. You should be able to get your job back. Take it to court

Asinger06 1

Argue that firing. Completely unjust.

i8cake 12

This is oddly suspicious and highly immature! I think you have a case for invalid dismissal and hope you get reinstated in her place with way more money than she'd ever made!

I would love a follow up to this one. She may have been let go from her current job, but that doesn't mean she can't take her new position. Hope that is the case here, and that she meets her ex-supervisor in the cafeteria and/or at company functions and just smiles.