By cpizzle12 - 29/10/2015 10:20 - United States - Manassas

Today, I got fired from my job a week before I started my new position in a different area of the company. My supervisor found out I was going to be making more money than her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 031
You deserved it 1 602

cpizzle12 tells us more.

cpizzle12 7

UPDATE: I talked with VP of sales s( he was going to be my new boss) .. And apparently something much more is going on that involves HR. HR drama going on I guess.. He will be further investigating this week and questioning the head HR lady that fired me. He called me today to get my side of the story.. Also asked me to email my resume to him. Lord willing the truth will be revealed!! I will update later when I find out more!

Top comments

Get a free consultation with an attorney, you most likely have a lawsuit here.

jentrynicole 20

That's definitely not legal. Get HR or someone involved.

Comments

even at will/right to work has limits. it can't hurt to find out what their options are.

takeittoem 8

Talk to HR and calmly explain the situation, bringing correspondence showing that you were hired elsewhere in the company. If she's not your supervisor in both cases, doesn't sound to me like she can prevent you from coming back to work.

In France we have vert strict rules on firing, terminating a contract in whatever way, and your supervisor would have been very strictly sanctioned. Regardless of the country, this is abusive and she can get into huge trouble.

we are talking about states here. and they have every freedom to do anything.

Regardless of country OR state. And no "they" don't have freedom to do anything they want, state laws exist.

For those telling OP to lawyer up or go to HR, check the state it's being posted from. Virginia is an employment-at-will state so technically they can be fired for any reason, no matter how dumb, heck they can be fired for no reason at all

even at will and right to work states have limits. retaliation, discrimination etc. there are certain things you can't terminate an employee for.

amberdea404 28

I'd get a lawyer if that was the only reason you were fired.

Severefear 7

Looks like somebody is going to get some settlement money and their job back. FYL for having a prick of a boss though.

rabbi1010 29

Like a lot of people have said, talk to hr. I would also talk to your new boss. If they promoted you then they will probably be more than willing to get you rehired.

And now somebody is making much more money for the wrongful termination lawsuit and won't even have to work for it....... In all seriousness, delete this FML and go get a lawyer