By quietecho95 - 20/03/2015 15:40 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a call from the ICU. Apparently, my boyfriend has been there for 3 days and I'm the only person who didn't know. Even my parents have been to see him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 179
You deserved it 5 388

quietecho95 tells us more.

This is the OP. Actually I had a baby a few months ago with him. We don't live together and it's common for him to disappear for days at a time. He's okay. It was actually a suicide attempt and he's in a clinic now. We were texting but he didn't tell me because he didn't want me to freak out because this makes 6 attempts in a year. My parents didn't tell me because they were leaving town and knew there was no way I could take my infant into ICU.

Comments

Wait- OP might be away working or at college. It may not be unusual that they don't talk daily- however, you would think her parents would let her know. Give OP a break and a chance to answer.

lady_lipz 7

I see what you did there... lol

and you didn't wonder where he has been for last three days...

To all those people who say "mustn't be a very good relationship if you haven't spoken in 3 days!" Have y'all not had full time jobs? And hobbies? Sometimes, you lose track of your damn free time. 3 days sounds about right if they're both generally busy people. Quit jumping to conclusions.

No matter how "busy" a person is, if they want to talk to you they'll find the time. Even for a quick text just to check in. But, OP already explained herself.

Sad that your BF didn't call you, but you didn't wonder where he was for the last few days? This really needs a follow-up.

and even your parents didn't let you in on it?! you're so right, FML is right to say!

Terrynics 8
gregjohnson298 8

if you hadnt heard from him you should havr been worried anyway