By quietecho95 - 20/03/2015 15:40 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a call from the ICU. Apparently, my boyfriend has been there for 3 days and I'm the only person who didn't know. Even my parents have been to see him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 179
You deserved it 5 388

quietecho95 tells us more.

This is the OP. Actually I had a baby a few months ago with him. We don't live together and it's common for him to disappear for days at a time. He's okay. It was actually a suicide attempt and he's in a clinic now. We were texting but he didn't tell me because he didn't want me to freak out because this makes 6 attempts in a year. My parents didn't tell me because they were leaving town and knew there was no way I could take my infant into ICU.

Comments

How do you not know your man is in the hospital

ADBurns 22

OP - it took you 3 days....?

lady_lipz 7

Maybe she DID call and text, but he pretended he was fine because he didn't want her to worry? Long shot, I know. More of an explanation as to how you didn't know, OP?

If someone is in ICU then most likely he's in coma. He can't pretend he's fine

#73 most patients in an ICU are not in a coma, especially considering there are various specialties in ICUs.

I just don't understand how people close to OP never mentioned it, asked how he was doing, if she had been to see him, or anything. EVERYONE would be asking me about my SO if they knew he was in ICU.

I mean, that does suck that he is on there. although, you kinda deserve it for not bothering to wonder where he has been. but op, I hope he is OK and all goes well!

And you didn't talk to him for 3 days?

Maybe he didn't want you to worry by knowing

Um yeah that sucks i guess but i mean if you had a good relationship wouldnt you talk like everyday? Seems a little odd to me

Maybe you need to ask more questions, such as "where is my boyfriend? I haven't seen or heard from him in 3 days."