By Welp - 14/06/2017 14:00

Today, I failed my nursing clinical for, "being too nice". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 241
You deserved it 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What they actually meant is that you're completely spineless. You could even say that they're the ones being too nice, funnily enough.

Lobby_Bee 17

You must be firm and assertive. Some people need you for that push to get better.

Comments

Lobby_Bee 17

You must be firm and assertive. Some people need you for that push to get better.

What they actually meant is that you're completely spineless. You could even say that they're the ones being too nice, funnily enough.

HikariYang38 20

Perhaps you killed someone with kindness?

And then after failing you, the proctor went into a candlelit closet and bowed before their poster of Dr. Gregory House.

species4872 19
species4872 19

Alas, sadly Richard most of them won't understand the reference.

Then, let's say I wrote that one for you, Chief! ;)

I don't want a nice nurse. I want one who will be a fierce advocate for my care, who won't lay a doctor not pay attention, who will harass pharmacy and lab to get what I need. And, yes, who won't let me whine about not taking my medication or whatever. Be nice, but be tough.

Be assertive, correct and mostly blunt. Correct care is more valued than sparing feelings. I hope you are given a chance to correct yourself to apply again soon!

Isa_fml 20

Kindness is important, but as a nurse you also need to be assertive and able to stand up for yourself and your patients.