By ktpnothappening - 03/04/2016 16:03 - United States - North Augusta

Today, I decided to be honest and told my husband I didn't love him anymore. It ended with a warrant for his arrest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 191
You deserved it 3 575

ktpnothappening tells us more.

Hey guys! OP here. To clear things up, the warrant is for CDV and when hes arrested a no contact order will be in place. It wasn't a fun night. Our marriage wasn't doing well already because of his control issues, we were trying to work it out. After another argument, I told him we can't work this out, and my feelings had changed towards him. We went to bed with intentions of making a plan to start our separation the next day. He woke me up in the middle of the night to continue fighting, I told him we could talk about it in the morning. I guess he didn't like that, so he took it out on my face and threw me around like a rag doll. He tried to stop me from calling the cops, but I was able too. He decided to leave while I was on the phone with the police, taking all my cash and cards with him. I'm not perfect but I was a good wife and a pretty decent person, I didn't deserve it, no one does. Most of our arguments ended because he would start yelling and scare me into silence, I didn't want to live like that anymore. Anyway, hoped that cleared up some of the questions. A divorce is started, I'm relocating and leaving everything. I just want a happy, normal life.

Top comments

Gee I wonder why you don't love him any more.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that maybe he wasn't too happy with that

Comments

I'm sure you two have an episode of cops with your name all over it.

Bad boys, bad boys .Watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you?

ViviMage 38

Not only do you need to serve him divorce papers, you need to get a restraining order!

At least you were honest with him and didn't cheat, because most people in your position resort to that, and then may look for sympathy when they get caught.

I feel both ways on this OP but how did you tell him?

Publikwerks 14

Yeah, I agree with #19 - It's all in how you told him. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't. Maybe she sat him down and tried to be gentle. Maybe she told him in the middle of a fight. Maybe the warrent is for pulling a gun on the submitter or hurting her. Maybe it's for taking off in her car. Really, without more details, it's premature to pass judgement.

I can't imagine a scenario where the way the OP broke the news would cause arrest-warrant-level behavior. The worst breakups ever don't force other people into bad behavior. Now, WANTING to do something resulting in a warrant, that I can see.

Publikwerks 14

You can get a warrant for arrest for unpaid parking tickets. Without information about why, everyone here is making assumptions. The very fact that the OP didn't mention physical violence or getting hurt makes me wonder what the warrant is for....

Then why would it END with a warrant for his arrest?

"And I want the house." "You won't be able to afford the house." "I'm going to tell the cops you hit me." *woman proceeds to hit herself in the face and muss up her hair*

TeacherTeacher 11

A lot of people are saying it depends how she told him. Bullshit. No matter how she told him, he is responsible for his actions. OP, good for you for getting out of what was obviously a bad situation.

Publikwerks 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#29 being analytical doesn't necessarily mean they don't care. Just means they would like more information regarding the post. don't knock the thinkers who don't blindly follow, especially when theyre specifically apologetic that their questions may sound rude/inconsiderate.

Publikwerks 14

Thanks for that. Now that we have more info, the lynching can begin, but I've seen people make assumptions and it can destroy people who don't deserve it.