By retyi43 - 24/03/2012 05:41 - United States - Baton Rouge

Today, I bought medical gloves to protect my hands from various chemicals at work since I have eczema. I had an allergic reaction to the gloves, and now my eczema is even worse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 946
You deserved it 2 845

retyi43 tells us more.

they were nitrile gloves, not latex

Top comments

I now know how to spell "eczema" Thanks OP!

Rubber is horrible for eczema. When I used to do the dishes I tried to wear rubber gloves because my eczema would cause the dish soap to crack my hands and make them bleed. But using the gloves instead just caused them to puff up and itch like hell, along with the pain from the eczema. I fell your pain. :( Try getting some cetaphil cream (think that is how its spelled). That is one of the few lotions I can use to help that I don't have an allergic reaction to.

Comments

sillycart 9

That sucks. Now what are you supposed to do?

I have eczema too. It really sucks. I still can't find anything that works

savvycat 3

I have eczema and psoriasis on my scalp and the only thing that has ever helped is argan oil. Luckily it's recently become popular and you can find it everywhere. Good luck OP and all my fellow sufferers.

wriptidez 0

get the non latex gloves!!!!!!!

bcm5304 1

I too have eczema and the only one product that has ever helped me - including prescriptions; the email address for it is [email protected]. They have really great, completely natural skin creams. I hope this helps!

Anyone with eczema needs to get checked for food sensitivities! I had it ALL over my body. Found out I am sensitive to wheat. I have pretty much perfect skin now. Not to mention my acne and chronic fatigue have drastically improved.

i feel ya eczema sucks and to the tanning suggestions i tan every summer i peel and lose it all every winter how does that help?

I also have eczema. No latex, no cheap jewelery, no belts, no scented soap or lotion. It sucks. Get non latex everything and organic soap. Its worth the money. Hope your hands get better. Also tanning and non scented lotion after showers helps. Or oatmeal baths. Used to have to take those once a week as kid.