By OweLotsaMoney - 05/09/2013 15:49 - United States

Today, I arrived at my college dorm. To help me sleep, I listened to my local radio from my phone. Little did I know, they turn off the wifi for part of the night, and hours of music were streamed onto my phone. Guess who now owes the phone company all my money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 613
You deserved it 12 243

Same thing different taste

Top comments

someindiandude 6

I would really like to know which college this is at.

narkill 13

Why would they turn on wifi during the night? What do they have to gain or potentially lose from this? Fyl.

Comments

That. sucks OP. Call the phone company and see if you can make installment portion payments until you're paid off.

This is why I have unlimited data. (Which isn't available anymore.) i'll never give it up. (:

Me too! It would be stupid to give it up.

Hell yeah, it's nice to be grandfathered in.

Whenever I have to talk to AT&T, they always try to talk me into giving mine up. "You could go with the 3 gig plan and be a wifi hotspot." No thank you, tricky little guys.

I know a guy with unlimited data, and apparently his phone company called him and told him he was using too much data and he needed to cut back on the streaming. Pretty sure it was an empty threat though, it's not like they can start charging him extra if he's on an unlimited plan.

perdix 29

#13, me, too, but I'm trapped with AT&T. They have been an OK master, though, the floggings haven't been as bad as I feared.

tnf0920 9

I have Sprint which has unlimited data still...guess at&t sucks

Haha why do they even bother trying to get you to downgrade? Losers!

WeAreAHurricane 14

AT&T doesn't suck. I have it and my Internet, although not unlimited, works at least 5 times faster than sprint's Internet. In fact, sprint has the shittiest internet out of all services and the people who work there have even admitted to it.

HeadlessSparrow 20

That's so dumb. A lot of people tend to study and use the Internet overnight especially during exam week. Sorry you didn't know, maybe try to explain it to the phone company?

juturnaamo 29

I feel for you. My computer reset during the night due to automatic updates, grabbed the wifi hotspot and turned on utorrent automatically. $300 phone bill.

Holy perfect storm, how would you even see that coming?? Sorry dude!

LilFlutter 10

Your computer just might be possessed! Ouch, what a phone bill! :-(

Why the hell would you leave your wifi hotspot on? That's just asking for problems.

If you own the phone company then what's the problem?

sassypants93 17

All your money owns the phone company?! Wow that is an interesting situation!

perdix 29

Rebecca Black? Dog, the Bounty Hunter? Ex-Pope Benedict? When are you going to announce the winner of this contest?

Put your phone on airplane, connect to wifi. Once wifi cuts, you wont use data since you're on airplane mode.

But then there will be no texts or calls. Turning off mobile data would work better. The phone would still accept calls if there was a family emergency.

MsMourningStar 22

They probably aren't going to school in their home town, most popular radio stations have a app so that you can listen to their music no matter where you are. So a radio wouldn't work.