This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By MadMom - 27/05/2016 15:39 - United States - Highland

Today, after waiting an astounding 4 months for night splints to help correct my son's feet, they arrived with flowers and butterflies on them.. FML
I agree, your life sucks 248
You deserved it 46

Top comments

iampuppy 16

if they're going to help your son's feet who gives a fuc what they look like, get over it.

LiliK_fml 21

So? The kid isn't going to care what pattern is on his splints. Kids don't care about that stuff.

Comments

This just makes me sad. Better those than nothing for four more months.

At least he now has something to help him while you get this confusion straightened out.

LiliK_fml 21

So? The kid isn't going to care what pattern is on his splints. Kids don't care about that stuff.

iampuppy 16

if they're going to help your son's feet who gives a fuc what they look like, get over it.

See the funny thing about flowers and butterflies is that they don't have innate genders. So what if they're pretty? It's for when he sleeps, right? He won't even be looking at them, no one will, and it's for his health. I'm sorry you put so much stock in masculinity and the fragility of it that you think having butterflies and flowers is a bad thing. Tl;dr please grow up and stop gendering things for your kid, it leads to toxic masculinity and there's enough of that in the world already.

her kid probably doesn't like them, you dumb ****

#6, How exactly is she a dumb ****, she's simply pointing out that society has applied gender roles to gender neutral things such as flowers and butterflies. I'm sorry that you're too ill educated to understand that concept so maybe you should keep your opinion the yourself and do as you name says, shut tf up

a beHer, bigger boy (Real man)can wear pink or "girl Colors" and be confident. These things aren't . ONLY for girls. girls are okay to wear blue. I said all this to my son.

As a previous comment said, I think the gendering of these types of things is just stupid. I mean, it's flowers and butterflies, and since they're nice looking it's automatically "girly," and somehow makes guys less of a man/boy for liking them? That's just ridiculous, has no logic to it, and really is toxic thinking. If girls can enjoy more "rugged" things like cars and dinosaurs without being criticized, why the hell can't boys enjoy pretty things like butterflies and flowers? That being said, if he - and by this I mean your son, not you - really doesn't like them, there might be a way to hide the design. Maybe coloured duct tape can be plastered over it, or if they're cloth, use fabric paint to paint over it.

Better than having nothing. When did we start assigning animals to genders? Girls can only like butterflies, guys that have cats are seen as weak, guys with tiny dogs are seen as weird, only girls can have tiny dogs. It's a freaking animal!

Night splints are to wear at night right? Where no one really can see them. Anyway does it really matter?!