By LMN - 31/07/2009 01:30 - United States

Today, after receiving a message about being hired at a retail store, I went to the orientation for new employees. The trainer seemed perplexed when I told him my name, but he gave me my paperwork and continued with training. At the end of the 8 hour day, he asked to talk to me. I wasn't actually hired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 985
You deserved it 2 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CountryGal 0

That was very unprofessional of them.

Isn't there some way you can force them to compensate you for your time? There should be, because that's just ******. Don't you usually check up on that stuff right away?

Comments

Send them a nice invoice for your hourly rate, double what they would have paid you. Make sure you put an explanation of services offered. If they refuse to pay it, you will win in small claims. No company should get away with that.

That sucks, I would definantly fight them to get paid for your time. Save the e-mail they sent you and use that. If they screwed up they should pay for it. On the whole, it's probably better they didn't hire you. I mean, you would you really want to work for a company that is this disorganized. At least this was 1 days worth of work, if they hired you, you could have lost weeks of time.

EDIT: Sorry I misread the OP. Instead of: "Save the e-mail they sent you and use that." It should say "Save the message they sent you and use that."

I would definately hold onto the message you received (print it out!) and call the corporate office. Explain what happened, and ask to be compensated for your time and the inconvenience.

DAMN, they better pay you back for wasting your 8 hours. Why would they train you for a position that you weren't going to be used for? That makes no sense at all.

Wait... did you they clearly state "Hey you're HIRED" or did they just say you should come to the store to talk...and you assumed you were hired? Idk, every time I applied for a job (and got it), the manager would wait to talk to me in person/on the phone. But, if they did indeed hire you, demand to get paid for those 8hrs.

LadyWallflower 0

If they sent you an email that says you were hired you need to print that out and hold onto it. They do have to compensate you for your time as it was their fault that your time was wasted, and all orientations and training has to be paid for because the company is asking for your time unless (in some cases) stated other wise. Take them to small claims court and/or before taking them to court ask to talk to the big guns and let them know how poorly things are run. But the biggest thing is to hang onto that email.

Fcukmywholelife 0

Stupid trainers. Bitch to get yoo money