By Ergon_Talfo - 09/11/2014 00:43 - Canada - Scarborough

Today, after moving to a new neighbourhood, I went to meet my new neighbour. When she opened the door, all she said was, "Oh not you again!", and shut the door in my face. I have no memory of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 634
You deserved it 2 986

Ergon_Talfo tells us more.

I knocked on the door again and she yelled for me to go away saying she didn't want to buy anything. At this point I understood what was going on. As it turns out, for the past couple days she's been getting salesmen knock on her door and try to sell her something. We talked it out and is clarified that I was actually her new neighbour an not someone trying to sell her something. In the end everything turned out alright and she actually brought me fresh baked cookies later on. They were good. Anyways just wanted to clear up that it was a misunderstanding and she didn't mean any harm.

Top comments

I didn't realize people bringing new neighbors baked goods was actually a thing....

PS thank you all for making me laugh and thankfully she wasn't drunk or high.

Comments

Maybe you got sh!t faced and we t over there demanding pizza and completely forgot about it..

Man it's one of those neighbors wish you the best of luck

Is she old? If so, she might just have Alzheimers.

Well apparently she remembers you...maybe your other neighbors will be nicer

You got an evil twin out there then lol

ostfaiz 18

Am I just a grump, but isn't it weird to invite yourself over to a stranger's house, just to awkwardly exchange pleasantries? I would've been much more polite than this person, but I still would've felt awkward about people coming to my door from all over the neighborhood and introducing themselves. I'm not really into the neighborly thing though, I'd rather be left alone. Is that rude?

It's kinda rude. In my neighborhood, one of our neighbors takes care of our cat when we're away, and one is a cab driver who takes me to and from work when I've had surgery. Another drove me to get my keys when I got locked out of the house. Nice neighbors make good friends and look out for your house while you're gone.