By Lelia701 - 05/05/2009 13:55 - United States

Today, after living with my mom for years to save money I finally moved into my first condo. The day after I made my first mortgage payment the sewage system back up and leaked into my bedroom from outside, ruining the carpets and the walls. I have to move back in with my mom until it’s fixed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 672
You deserved it 3 404

Lelia701 tells us more.

Why does everyone think only a guy can buy a home? You know what they say about people who assume. 1. I’m female. 2. I’m a 25 year old graduate student with plenty of friends and wouldn’t even know how to play D&D. 3. I live in a city where buying a house in a nice area would cost 3 times as much so duh of course I bought a condo. . But thanks to those who understand what its like to have shit attack your house! The adjuster comes today at least.

Top comments

liquidpaper 0

rukusrazor, living with mom to save money doesn't always mean maladjusted D&D playing man-child. you're just jealous that he's saved enough to be able to afford a condo and you haven't.

Comments

ozymandias_fml 0

You ought to have spent the money you were saving on student loans. With a good education, and a decent job it would not have taken you years to save for a *condo*. Hell, you might have even been able to get a house, especially since you didn't even have to pay rent while you were saving.

ItsNotTheTime 0

after living with my mom "to save money"... come on. be honest, you have no job

rakhil11 7

i think there was 1 like this from the mom's pov

It's been fixed by now right? I mean it couldn't still be broken....... could it?

Don't worry, most people who move out directly to their own place end up moving back in with their parents soon anyway. It's kind of expensive. Try a roommate first so you can split the rent?

At least you have a place to go while it is getting fixed.

That really sucks. Hope it get fixed soon.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

Are people really that dense that they don't realise that Fmls start with "Today" but it doesn't mean the entire Fml happened all in one day. Maybe it is because it is late and not getting peoples attempt at sarcasm.