By Lelia701 - 05/05/2009 13:55 - United States

Today, after living with my mom for years to save money I finally moved into my first condo. The day after I made my first mortgage payment the sewage system back up and leaked into my bedroom from outside, ruining the carpets and the walls. I have to move back in with my mom until it’s fixed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 672
You deserved it 3 404

Lelia701 tells us more.

Why does everyone think only a guy can buy a home? You know what they say about people who assume. 1. I’m female. 2. I’m a 25 year old graduate student with plenty of friends and wouldn’t even know how to play D&D. 3. I live in a city where buying a house in a nice area would cost 3 times as much so duh of course I bought a condo. . But thanks to those who understand what its like to have shit attack your house! The adjuster comes today at least.

Top comments

liquidpaper 0

rukusrazor, living with mom to save money doesn't always mean maladjusted D&D playing man-child. you're just jealous that he's saved enough to be able to afford a condo and you haven't.

Comments

rainbowchelle 0

Ugh, that's so lame :( Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon!

Today, my loser of a son, who finally moved out a little while ago, had a problem with the sewage in his new condo. He has to move back in. FML.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

Why did you assume the OP was male? If you doing to go down this kind of comment route make sure that you are right otherwise you look like an idiot.

Insurance should cover it, that is if you have it of course.

xlaurenxashleyx 0

#19- ur hilarious, seriously so true. OP it could be a lot worse and its gettin fixed. U didn't really have to move back in wit mom. Hotels or friends houses could would too

Hotels are most likely too expensive and honestly..if I had to choose between living with my parents for a while or living with my friends, I'd definetly choose my parents. There you know what do avoid...

I hope you have a low deductible on homeowners insurance. If you live in Florida, you're kinda screwed on that.

Sessee 4

My sewage backed up just last month. There was a six feet wide puddle of shit in the middle of my basement. I haven't even lived here long enough to clog it. I feel your pain D:

Don't feel bad, I had a bad mortgage and long story short my family had to move in with my parents, shortly after I found out I was prego and my sis moved back home a week later there are 8 people in one house!