By Bob - 13/12/2017 05:00 - United States - Fairbanks

Today, a judge gave my ex custody of my two sons, most of my money, my house, my car, and has ordered me to take anger management classes. We're getting a divorce because she shot me with a gun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 465
You deserved it 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

keble 9

I mean, regardless of who's at fault, it's obvious we aren't getting the full story here

from what you've written that is disgusting and surely illegal?. can you kick up a storm with a politician a d a charity? she should definitely not be having custody of any children by the sound of what you've written

Comments

I thought equality meant equal and fair treatment under the law. How in the world did she get all of that?

It is fairly well known that men generally do not win in family court. Some for good reasons, but I highly doubt all or even most. There is a bias in favor of woman in the family court, we are just used to it. Loothtimesthewouldolawyer'advicecececlaiabusephysicallyalalalalalalalalall if possible, mental if not, for a huge bonus with the courts favor. And hey, if I hated my ex (unfaithfulness for example) and had the opportunity to risk-free use that kindoweapowitthamassivpayouwithireachprobablylylylylylylylylyy would too. But I am a man, so I cannot. The system is the problem.

I like how your comment makes you look like you are having a stroke, I made one like that earlier too, I'm glad it isn't just me!

Mungolikecandy 19

We seem to be only getting part of the story here.

Most of those are the same reasons why I have zero desire to ever get married.

cardin06 15

I would like the full story... sounds like there is something missing.

I'm pretty sure you're not giving us all the facts.

Okay, on a serious note: There is clearly more to this story if the judge thinks the kids are safer with her versus yourself. I'm not giving her an excuse that she had the right to fire a gun at you, but there is nearly always some type of motive. Yes, it sucks, but there has to be a good explanation behind this.

staticballoons 5

A judge isn’t going to order that unless you did something wrong. Perhaps she shot you in self defense because you’re abusive?