Thanks, I hate it

By pinpin - This FML is from back in 2008 but it's good stuff - France

Today, I helped my son do his maths homework. He got a C and won’t talk to me anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 084
You deserved it 18 434

Top comments

Geez, there's nothing wrong with calling it "maths". That's what I call it! Are you so ignorant that you don't have any idea people in other parts of the world spell it differently? I don't mock Americans when you guys spell things that I consider wrong! E.g, American: "Fetus" Australian: "Foetus", American: "Airplane", Australian: Aeroplane, American: "Mom" Australian: "Mum"

'english and grammer'? I sure hope you mean 'English and grammar', you idiot. At the very least, try to not make yourself look stupid when accusing others of being stupid.

Comments

guys...this person's from france. they probably learned how to speak the british english. in ireland, they say "maths" instead of math, so get a life you morons

antonioohama 0

It's ‘math’ not ‘maths’ . That's why the second redirects to the first on Wikipedia, because so many people think it's plural.

It is plural in most english-speaking countries, but America happens to be one of the few exceptions to that rule.

Yeah and I guess grammar isn't one of your specialties either. Tard.

violily301 0

*slaps forehead* Do you LIKE looking stupid?? Tard.

OMG YOU DIcks! I spell it MathS with a S at the end. I'm Asian and live in Canada and have lived in Canada my whole life... it can be spelled math or maths... dumb ass...

If you've lived in Canada your Whole life then your not Asian dumbass.

Unles their parents lived in an Asian country and immigrated and they grew up with that culture.

My name is "pinpin" my math is terribad and I can speak "engrish!!!" lol haha, or I am "Asian, thus my Engrish is infallible as I am Asian, we do everything right!!!" HAHA, you all are ridiculous for qualifying how you are right, ethnicity has nothing to do with it, nor where you come from. If you look at the etymology, both are correct, so chill out, and both are abbreviations so you are all technically lazy idiots, it is mathematics if you want to get technical.

@ chilipeppersrok: Grow up. Open your eyes to the rest of the world and realise that there are plenty of people out there who spell it as "maths", not "math".

Have any of you heard of countries before... maybe you haven't, as you do not understand that things are spelt differently in other countries... maybe you should all go back to pre school -.-

Disco_fml 0

Crazy foreigners and their made up words.