Thanks for that

By bride2be - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I received my first wedding present in the mail. I opened it immediately and called the sender to say thanks. She yelled at me for opening it and, because she shipped it to me by mistake, requested it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 496
You deserved it 3 476

Top comments

Tell her you'll send it back immediately, but Ebay it instead for money. If she asks where it is, say it got lost in the post somewhere :P

Return a picture of your middle finger. What a bitch.

Comments

jahr4mkr 1

the only rational idea i can come up with is that maybe there is another bride with the same name, registered at the same store, and perhaps the phone number of the gift giver was somewhere in the package... but it's probably more likely that she's nuts. I hope she's not related to your DH because then you might have to deal with her often.

What a nut job! She wants you to pay postage for the gift? grrrrrr Call her back and tell her to stick it.

tell them f you, they owe you a wedding present.

kruzito 0

Holly Shit! It's Jackie Chan!

Does anyone understand this FML? I don't get it!

Someone who knows the OP sent her a wedding gift. The OP phoned the person who sent the gift to say thanks, but the person changed their mind and wanted her to return it for some reason.

Perhaps the sender of the gift was offended that OP opened the gift before the wedding and made a bad excuse in an attempt to "right the situation". Or maybe the woman would have preferred a thank you card, not a thank you call. I am assuming that this occurred before the wedding, due to OPs screenname is "bride2be". I could be mistaken.

TunaFlavoredFing 0

She should have called you when she realized she accedently sent it to warn you. I say her ignorance gives you the right to keep it. Her stupidity gives you the right to send her your neighbors dog sht instead.

I would have told her not to show up to the wedding.

iwishicould 7

She probably just wanted to give it to you at the wedding, not beforehand. I'm sure she wasn't meaning that she didn't want to give you the gift, just that she wanted to give it to you at the right time and you ruined her happiness because she didn't get to see you open it.

I've never seen a bride and / or groom open their wedding gifts at their wedding, not once, in my entire life.