Risky move

By Username - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my fiancé, the love of my life, informed me that he proposed because he was sure I'd say no. He was hoping it would lead to our breakup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 969
You deserved it 3 873

Top comments

*facepalm* Why do people have to perform the run-around rather than just cutting to the chase? Seriously, it only causes more problems.

brettj69 0

Comments

What a pussy. I say you should be the man and end it because apparently he couldn't. It's for the better.

Tell him you said "Yes" for exactly the same reason!

That's a rather expensive (provided he actually bought a ring) unnecessary and retarded way of breaking up...why would you propose with no intention of actually getting married? -_- smh...

kangaru1 0

he's such a loser! I hope you leave him and keep the ring.

RyanX92 0

I don't see why everyone says he's a jerk. I mean the guy obviously doesn't care for her that way anymore and went about breaking up in a way that would have spared her feelings if it worked. so is he a moron yes jerk no.

Look on the bright side--at least he told you before you got married. Now you can dump him without having to go through all the hassle of a divorce, and find a guy who will actually respect you and be honest with you.

he should've broke up with you first!!! what an ass!!!

He's a genius! =] at least he thinks things through =]

previous commenters are right. DTMFA and post this story on as many websites as you can, using his full name. any future dates of his who like to do background checks will know what kind of guy they're dealing with, and he'll die old and alone :)