Nice timing

By heartbroken - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Huntington

Today, I took an exam in order to apply for a graduate program I want to get into. Last night, my boyfriend decided it was a good time to break up with me out of the blue. I broke down three times in the middle of the test, and I just barely failed it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 200
You deserved it 6 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

*Hugs* Chin up, Op. It's all upward from here. :(

I'm sorry :( Your ex is a jerk. He should've waited until after the exam! Can you retake it?

Comments

Sorry OP he shouldn't have done that knowing you had a big test

Damn. I hope the test has retakes :( remember, it's all forward from here OP

I feel your pain! I got divorced exactly one week before I started grad school. This quarter had been hell. Talk to your teachers, hopefully then can allow you in the program and you take the next gre that has openings. Good luck!

luckyone365 7

YDI completely. Grow up. Keep your private life separate from your academics. If a little break up makes you fail an entrance exam, then you're not going to make it in the real world. No one pities the weak.

luckyone365 7

You must think you're psychic to know my relationship status. You're obviously projecting your pitiful life onto me. Obviously you've never been in a relationship. My point still stands. No one pities the weak.

well said, I think OP should've switched off her cellphone or kept it on silent mode and concentrated on the revision.. but no, she couldn't even do that and besides, it was just a 3 hrs exam at tops, you break down like that's means you weren't actually prepared for it and blame that breakup for that.

toomanyidiots 14

Actually, these exams can be longer than FOUR hours (ex. DATs are 4 hours and 30 minutes). Additionally, some people qualify for extended time (ex. dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, severe anxiety), and in those cases exams can be as long as DOUBLE the time -- in some cases as long as NINE hours long. Don't be stupid. Or ignorant.

toomanyidiots 14

And upon rereading the FML, there's no mention of a cell phone either. The break-up could have been in person (living together, surprise visit, last "date"). Way to judge. I hope you don't make a habit of breaking up via cell phone if that was your first assumption...

Alright 35, so the next time you're feeling upset... just stop. Just stop and be happy, just like that. It's easier said than done isn't it? You've clearly never been in a serious relationship. I think someone's a little bitter.

RedPillSucks 31

Don't ever let some man stop your from achieving your goals

If he treats you like that then you're better off. People go through horrible breakups all the time, stay strong OP!

You poor thing :( Hopefully the next date to sit the test isn't too far off.

mhmm I see, you're from West Virginia, that does suck FYL.

Same thing happened to me on Monday. ~Pick your head up princess, your tiara's falling~