Next time, I'll just ignore you

By stoopidRUnner - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was running by a school and saw that a deer had caught his antlers in the fence. I felt bad for it so I tried to help it free. Finally, he became unstuck. Then he rammed his antlers into my hip. Now I can't run in the marathon I have been training for a year to race in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 275
You deserved it 13 678

Top comments

Aww...that's awful. Feel better!! I'm sorry about your marathon :( Never get that close to a wild animal with antlers or horns...a bull almost broke my dad's elbow by just turning it's head xP. Instead it just tore of the sleeve of his favorite leather jacket.

No good deeds goes unpunished. I know you just wanted to help, but man? That's a wild animal that has been stuck in a fence for who knows how long. He was vulnerable, and you were way, way too close. You're lucky he only smacked you in the hip, he coulda gored you or stomped your arse into the dirt.

Comments

That sounds incredibly painful. I'm very sorry to hear about it. Animals can be so ungrateful sometimes! ;)

brodizzle 0

You had the opportunity to do anything you want to a deer stuck in a fence and you... tried to help it and hurt yourself in the process? You could have done ANYTHING. Next time, shave "I SMELL DICKS" into its side. Imagine the look on the face of the hunter who sees that in his scope.

That's so cruel but absolutely hilarious xD

#26 I hope that was sarcasm, and a thinly-veiled YDI attack (I can't tell on teh internets). #28 ROFL HAHAHA! End game is (no pun intended), OP totally deserved it. I mean, he/she just wasted a perfectly good meal for 4+.

mlechik10 0

you guys are all assholes. all this person was trying to do is help. not many people would have the descency to help an animal in distress. yes, maybe they shouldnt have approached the deer, but lay off. i bet all of you insulting this person are real winners, considering half of you sound illiterate.

That's terrible :( It was very kind of you to try and help it, but a trapped animal is always dangerous. Next time you should call 911 or the local animal control and they'll help it.

Pudgygrunt 0

#41 is right. Being kind is awesome. very VERY true. but being smart and kind is even better. Not that you're dumb, but you do have to admit it wasnt the most right thing you couldve done to make both you and the deer happy, eh?

guinness_fml 0

deer suck. my dad was just driving along one night when he sees, out of the corner of his eye, a buck right in his side window. it slams into the side of his car, he stops, looks in the rearview mirror, and sees it's dead. then he checks his car.. huge dent in the door. insurance claims ask you to describe the accident, and give options "hit an object", "hit by an object", and "hit an animal." there is no "hit by an animal"

I don't think that the deer is to blame. Sorry about your dad's car, though!

I'd probably do the same thing, BUT I'd do it knowing full well how dangerous and stupid it is.

graceeleandra 0

wait u just walk over to a deer with antlers to get it out of a fence?? that bitch couldve kicked the shit outta you. dont complain, you got lucky