Jenny Rotten

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I dyed my hair for the first time. It turned out great, and I couldn't wait to show it off during my night out with my friends. Everyone was so shocked or disgusted, I ended up claiming I lost a bet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 028
You deserved it 1 993

Top comments

Dotty8710 10

You shouldn't let your friends opinion change how you initially felt about your hair. You loved it and if your friends don't, they suck..not you. I'm sure your hair color rocks! Own it.

TheEpicKitten 20

It could be the sudden change or your hair, not the actual look of your hair

Comments

The only person whose opinion matters is yours. I really doubt you can call those people "friends" who were "shocked or disgusted".

Don't let them change your opinion! You loved your hair, keep loving it.

Just own it. They'll get over themselves.

I'm really curious about the colour OP dyed it

I would really love to know what colour you dyed it OP, just out of curiosity. Keep your chin up though, if you love it don't let anyone change your mind. My boyfriends sister (trained hairdresser) just dyed my hair red to make sure her colour skills were still up to scratch and it turned out amazing. I love it and all my friends do but my family doesn't like it. I can understand how you're feeling. But if you really love it it won't matter what they think :)

sophie0908 16

That's not cool of them, if your bomb hair color makes you feel good about yourself than that's all that matters

I can kind of relate. my friends have never had a problem with any of my hair colours or cuts. Family was a different story. One particular hair cut, my parents hated so much my mom would tell me that she hated looking at me. My response was "well then don't look at me" you can't let other people's opinions affect your own. Rock your new do... be proud and own it!