Jenny Rotten

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, I dyed my hair for the first time. It turned out great, and I couldn't wait to show it off during my night out with my friends. Everyone was so shocked or disgusted, I ended up claiming I lost a bet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 028
You deserved it 1 994

Top comments

Dotty8710 10

You shouldn't let your friends opinion change how you initially felt about your hair. You loved it and if your friends don't, they suck..not you. I'm sure your hair color rocks! Own it.

TheEpicKitten 20

It could be the sudden change or your hair, not the actual look of your hair

Comments

Reading how severe your friends reactions were, I really wanna see the color. Either way, rock it and love it.

As a girl who dyes her hair very often, don't care what your friends think, yeah? Half of my friends usually like it, half of them don't. My dad tells me it looks terrible and makes jokes. But I'm expressing myself, so who cares what they say? Express yourself. Life is too short to worry about what people say. If you love it, then keep it that way.

finalyearsofhate 22

Don't let anyone bring you down. If you like it, that's all that matters. Though honestly it sounds like you need some more supportive friends.

I recently dyed my hair red. People are like "Yeah, okay. It's better then the turqouise." My hair has had so many colors. Blonde, brown, black, red, green, pink, purple, blue and turqouise so I really don't care about what others think. If I like it, I will dye it no matter what. I bet you look beauiful in your new hair color, and when your friends get used to it, so will they. :)

Always go natural, nothing can go wrong there!

Great advice for people with wonderful genetics!

I can't see your hair, so I can't say what I think. Plus, everyone has different tastes. Maybe the people you know are really prudish about things like this and hate anything outside their very narrow ideas of "good," and your hair looks great to most other people. Maybe it does look awful by the average standard and you'll look back on this time like many people look back on their mullets. Or maybe it is something most people think looks awful, but you'll continue to love it and that's alright too. If you truly enjoy something, do it. If you stop enjoying something, stop doing it (in both these instances I only mean things that don't reasonably have an effect on other people).

Forget all of them. I'm so proud that you changed your look to what you want, and I love that you love it. People hate your haircut? Good thing it's yours, and not theirs! You're you and that's that. Be proud of yourself. Own it.

same exact thing happened to me the other day;) they're just jealous they don't have the balls to do it! rock that shit!

Do what you like. My mom has had people actually comment on her want to dye her hair purple it streak it purple saying she's "too old" or some bullshit like that. You express yourself how you can and want to. For me it actually helps my confidence and self esteem, which is what people should hope for friends or family!

Pay no attention to them. Own it if it's what you want to do. My stepson dyes his regularly. First blue, then red, and now a second attempt at red has turned into more of a pinkish hue. I think no less of him. True friends will support you.