How very dare you?

By 1357katie - 19/09/2009 04:22 - Canada

Today, I told my mom about the couple of times that I'd skipped classes during high school. She got really mad and grounded me for a month. That would usually be normal except for the fact that I'm 27 and live in my own apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 713
You deserved it 6 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So if you live in your own apartment, how is this a FML? Just don't listen. Duh. I know 13 year olds who know how to rebel against a grounding in their own home better than this.

Comments

embarrassedsis 0

how is that an fml??? its not like you actually have to follow it

uhh so? this is one of the lamest fmls ever

i didnt follow it it just sucked that my mom thought she still had that power over me

You might want to get her checked, if she's getting older, it might be dementia. That is, she might have forgotten you were actually 27.

This isn't really a FML since your mum has no authority to ground you and there's nothing she can do about it so you can easily ignore her and live your life as normal. This is more of a, "Guess what my mum said," thing. It would be pretty funny if you decided to ground yourself anyway, though. You should do that just so you have a funny story to tell people.

Look on the bright side: You don't need to obey that grounding, so it's basically a "**** YOU" on your mom's face.

I think this is fake... and if it isn't, well there is nothing she can do. You can still do what you want with your life and there is not damn thing she can say about it. I still think this is fake though.

I you're 27 and live on your own then she can't tell you to do a damn thing.

YDI for allowing yourself to be controlled by your 'rents! I mean you have to be willing to be grounded if your parents ground you at that age. God that is pathetic! You cant ground someone who doesnt even live in your house, grow some balls!

I fail to see how your mother can really do anything at all at this point. FYL for having a crazy mom, but not because you're grounded.