How d'you think I look so good?

By Anonymous - 07/06/2021 17:00

Today, I got home and my wife asked me to help yell at the kids for ruining over £1000 of her makeup supplies. I did an almost double take at the fact I had no idea she had spent over £1000 just on makeup. No wonder we’re always broke the end of the month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 279
You deserved it 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bri0709 5

Expensive makeup products last longer because you need to use less of the product. It’s usually a better value.

Just because the kids wrecked it all in one day doesn't mean it was a one-day purchase. It would be very weird to spend that much on makeup all at once. But over time, a little bit at a time over several years, very very easy.

Comments

She's very wasteful. Her kids indirectly did her a favor. $1k worth of makeup? Unless she's a professional model, your wife deserves to be admonished, not the kids.

It's more than $1,000 worth of make up; it's one hundred pound sterling worth of make up. That makes around $1,300 worth of make up. I know stuff is more expensive after Brexit, but still...

Please tell me your kidding.... makeup isn't cheap. Even before I was a professional makeup artist my private collection is worth thousands. A single palette ranges from $48 to $120 or more depending on the brand! A single lipstick is between 18 and 30 for the lower high end... high end can go up to $90 or more. Foundation 39 to most I've paid is 60 and that's not even high end. So $1k really isn't very much.

I mean the kids definitely do, unless they're like toddlers with no idea what they did.

So, you probably keep the makeup put away and safe from your kids right? Because it's worth a lot to you? The kids definitely did wrong but if they were toddlers it's definitely not their fault.

bri0709 5

Expensive makeup products last longer because you need to use less of the product. It’s usually a better value.

True. But when money is scarce you don’t buy a £1000 worth of make up.

Sweetie 5

I doubt if she bought it all at once. The whole thing is a racket.

Just because the kids wrecked it all in one day doesn't mean it was a one-day purchase. It would be very weird to spend that much on makeup all at once. But over time, a little bit at a time over several years, very very easy.

carolinarose0430 4

I buy over time I have about 2k worth of make up I have accumulated over the years :) don’t be so quick to judge about having 1k worth of makeup

I can understand the value In a better quality, but yes more expensive product. However if you’re having money issues and you’re unaware of your money transactions then that’s a problem. 1) see about an app or something your bank has to help you track spending regularly. 2) talk to your wife obviously about your financial concerns.

Lora Wood 11

Well she looks good. To bad she's not clever. Children are known make up bandits. Lock it up!!!!!