Happy New Year

By feelin a lil left out - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Jacksonville

Today, I found out what it means to be the only single person in my group of friends. They had a New Year's party and didn't invite me, because they didn't want me to "feel alone". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 567
You deserved it 1 747

Top comments

You don't deserve to be treated like that, so what if you're single. Your "group of friends" don't really sound like good friends. Good luck OP.

Comments

that's like... not inviting your black friend cause he'd be the only coloured and he'd feel different... so stupid, sorry for you, try to explain them how it made you feel

Wow, that's sucks OP. Hope you find someone :)

You don't deserve to be treated like that, so what if you're single. Your "group of friends" don't really sound like good friends. Good luck OP.

Yeah that's terrible. To not invite someone because you're single?

Maybe OP's friends were genuinely trying not to make her/him left out. I mean, they could've given OP and invitation but it wouldn't be much fun to sit around while your friends just make out.

I always invite my friends, even the single ones, the more the merrier!

It sounds more like they don't know how to socialise properly. Having a partner does not mean "being glued to another person for eternity". If you spend all time at a party making out with your partner you're either 14 years old, or just acting like it.

I didn't expect over 100 likes to this post! Wow!

That logic is impeccably broken. Happy New Year though! *hugs* :D

NakuEh 27

"Hey we didn't invite you because we thought you would be lonely. Hope you enjoyed being home alone and binging on Netflix and ice cream."

leogachi 15

@6 To be honest, that sounds like something I would enjoy.

True! I personally would enjoy that way more than a party. I'm usually the loner who knows nobody and gets ignored.

Seems incredibly thoughtless of them

That seems like a horrible reason to be honest. Find some people that won't mind that you are single.

Mathalamus 24

well, you go there and feel alone in some sort, or you stay home, and feel more alone, but at least not that kind of alone. if it were me, i would thank them for trying to be thoughtful. not really the best thing, but its doable.

They left you out so you wouldn't feel lonely? Your friend aren't only thoughtless but stupid too.