Happy Birthday

By Schubey - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Canada - North Bay

Today, I woke up to my dad telling me that we're going to Disneyland. Apparently, by "we" he meant him and my mom. They did, however, make a point to say "Happy birthday!" before they left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 736
You deserved it 2 147

Top comments

Well that sucks throw a big ass house party while they are gone. Not as good as Disney land but still get to have fun.

NoisyNykkii 10

Go to Six Flags on his birthday! Ah revenge, it's sweet.

Comments

Everyone saying OP should move out needs to wake up. First of all, we don't know how old OP is, and second of all, regardless, do you realize how many people in their 20s-30s still live at home? Obviously not. Why do they do that? Because the economy sucks and people can't find work, or if they do, it's minimum-wage jobs that won't pay half your rent. All these college graduates are thousands of dollars in debt with little to no way to pay it off, so they have to live with their parents or they'd be homeless. I'm glad some of you have enough money to make it these days and live perfect little lives, but not everyone has that luxury.

Pancakemines 0

Trash the place with a party then go to the movies with friends. Leave a note saying "Happy birthday to me bitches!"

If they left you alone, you must be grown. Suck it up! We spend 18+ years raising your ungrateful butts, when you finally grow up, we'd like some time to ourselves. We raised 4, the last one is almost 18 & graduating. I can't wait until my hubby & I can just pack up & go away for a weekend! We deserve a break! Stop being a whiny baby! YDI

And they couldn't have gone before or after her birthday because?

So, what you're saying is that it's perfectly acceptable to go to "The happiest place on earth" on your daughters birthday, and leave her alone while you guys go on a wonderful time. Spending 18 years raising your kids is no excuse to pass THE BIRTHDAY OF YOUR OWN ******* CHILD. They could have gone some other time or could have taken her along, but passing of her birthday as just some other day for you to go skip around in California is inexcusable. I'm glad I don't have you as a parent.

barbiegirl619 15

Who deserves spend their birthday alone when they have two perfectly good parents? Birthdays are for celebrating the fact someone has lived another year not to ditch them cause they need a break.

It had to be ON her birthday? I am sure Op wouldn't have minded if her parents went away for the weekend and left her alone, most teens love to have the house to themselves. However, it is the idea that her birthday didn't even warrant more than a hello and goodbye. They could have gone another weekend.

If it's that bothersome to have kids and you just can't wait for them to leave, maybe you shouldn't have spread your legs in the first place. You got knocked up, deal with it.

AmoraLynn 6

Incorrect, many parents will leave children home alone when they are as young as 8. And as far as the spending 18+ years to raise ungrateful children, well they didn't ask to be born, if they are ungrateful there may be a chance they weren't taught to be.

I'm sorry. YOU decided to have children, no-one else, you don't want to raise them for 18+ years. DON'T HAVE THEM, simple as that. They did not ask to be brought into this world, you made that decision for them, therefore it is your responsibility to care for them and make them happy for as long as they require it.

Clearly you need to have the greatest keg party that you can and just go nuts.

HarleeMae 6

Throwing a huge house party with your friends can be much better than a trip to Disneyland with your parents, I assure you.

You got the house to yourself. Happy birthday

I say throw a party. Don't totally trash the place but definitely have fun.