Due diligence

By jobless - 09/07/2014 05:02 - United States - Buffalo

Today, I heard back from a company that I recently interviewed with. They told me I didn't get the job because "it was obvious that I had been coached." I wasn't. Sorry that I actually researched the company unlike the rest of the nitwit candidates. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 630
You deserved it 3 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iOceanus 18

You're qualified for the job, so we can't hire you. The logic. -.-

That's unfortunate OP seems quite dickish for them to say that Better luck next time!

Comments

That'll teach you to try. The only thing it seems that gets people ahead these days is mediocrity. Next time, strive not to strive. Don't be you, just be average.

I'm sure you'll find an employer soon enough who will appreciate your attention to detail. Keep it up :)

mrwilsong 6

It seems like idiots are slowly taking over.

You mean they weren't already in charge?

Coccinelle_fml 15

I'm confused. Even though you weren't coach, I don't understand why it'd be a bad thing if you were? It's not like you cheated...

"Well, you know about the business and know what to do... So... No, you can't have the job " What?

Oh gee, that makes complete sense. Don't worry, OP, you'll find a job that actually values your effort while they're stuck with a moron.

they definitely don't deserve you. keep applying to jobs you'll get hired sooner or later.

I did a lot of hiring interviews for my previous company, that someone was prepared and even coached has never been an issue, quite the contrary. It showed commitment. This company is clearly run by idiots, that they didn't hire you was probably a blessing in disguise.

I understand people trying to make OP feel better by saying they're better off without the job but I would just like to point out that work isn't easy to find these days and if OP is currently not receiving an income from anywhere they may very well need the job. Even though OP deserves to be treated better it doesn't mean he/she is better off without the job. OP I really hope you find a job soon, it's tough but hang in there. Good luck :)

That's their loss and hopefully, next time, you'll be able to get hired into a company that truly sees your potentials! Good luck OP