Controlling

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2017 but it's good stuff

Today, my mom tried telling me I couldn't be best man at my best friend's wedding. I'm 25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 881
You deserved it 580

Top comments

what the hell? you are a grown man, do what you want!

ezrajab 22

Umm it isn't HER wedding. Why the heck would you need her permission?

Comments

what the hell? you are a grown man, do what you want!

Well, she's wrong. Unless there's some actual physical reason you are unable to do it, that is. She clearly meant, "You MAY not be best man at your best friend's wedding". In which case, she's obviously still wrong.

She's known you your whole life and she must realize you're not "best" man material. If your best friend has a "crappy man" spot in his retinue, maybe you can fill that.

ezrajab 22

Umm it isn't HER wedding. Why the heck would you need her permission?

Do it anyway? What the hell is she going to do, it's not like she actually has a say in your life...

AGiftForAnya 8

Unless he still lives at home

Even if he lived at home, she still got no say over his life. Im currently at home for a while, my mum cant tell me 2 ***** of what i can and cant do.

queencabello 19

Okay so what's the problem you're a grown man you can decide for yourself.

Why in hell did you even ask your mom for permission? Just go and do not discuss it further with your mom. You are or should be a grown man now.

Did you laugh in her face and do it anyway?

samomaha 17

Oh c'mon, grow a pair already!

jennisyn 11