By @Gemidolo - 15/10/2018 20:00

Today, I got my period while I was at work. Not one of the 15 other girls that work there had a tampon. #FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 682
You deserved it 538

Top comments

PenguinPal3017 19

Look at the positive, if you keep some stocked at work you can be someone's hero some day. I hope that you figured something out.

childlessmother 16

Place I worked we had a box that had pads and tampons in it. The manager bought the box and all us girls filled it up. So glad I don’t have periods anymore

Comments

PenguinPal3017 19

Look at the positive, if you keep some stocked at work you can be someone's hero some day. I hope that you figured something out.

No pads or even a dispenser in the washroom? Ive had to do the 100 trips to the washroom at work before only once. Paper towels and wadded up toilet paper galore. Lasted me till lunch when I could run out and purchase pads. It was the first and last time I didn't have spares in between regular period times. You'll learn and have more for next time! It's an awful experience, and I'm sorry you had to go through it!

childlessmother 16

Place I worked we had a box that had pads and tampons in it. The manager bought the box and all us girls filled it up. So glad I don’t have periods anymore

bluhbluhbluh 14

wait.. yall still haven't synced periods??

bobsanction 18

Well, as a woman you should have been better prepared.

Emma Marshall 19

I bet you're a bloody man 🤦🏽‍♀️

Morgan Barrett 13

I agree, if this is anything other than your first period ever, you should know well enough to keep extra pads/tampons in case of a "surprise." your post also implies that you don't know when your period will happen. in both cases, it's your own fault.

Ann_theman19400 18

Even if they were, this person should have been prepared for her self. I don't like pads or tampons so I use a menstrual cup, which I carry around with me in my bag if I'm out of the house. I also carry liners around in a little bag in a pocket in almost coat I have for this reason as well. This is being responsible and taking care of one's self. Also, men can have opinions of issues that women have especially if they are in a work environment where they might be paying for personal items for the women of their office or job that why will probably never use. I agree that items should be provided but if they aren't, and you need them one day, get them yourself ahead of time.

Every woman I know carries for her sisters. I have used a cup for years but the coat I'm wearing right now has a tampon in the pocket. My buddy who's been menopausal for years even carries. Some dudes even carry (like, cis dudes!). It is virtually impossible for a whole workplace to not have a single tampon among them. Therefore, Occam's razor... they DID have tampons. So I'm going "YDI". OP is likely a bully or shirker or some other form of nightmare coworker, and all those ladies only CLAIMED to not be carrying. What did you do to them to make rhem hate you, OP? What did you do?

chessu 21

My cycle is really regular and I live in the 5 minute range from my office so I never have any spares on me. And if anything ever, I'd have a pad and not a tampon. It's a tad unlikely not one of the 15 weren't on their period, but not impossible. Maybe they were on theirs and down to their last few as well, maybe you should've not narrowed it to a tampon, maybe they use huge ones and are embarrassed to share - there's a whole lot of reasons and most not to the with OP. Sorry this happened, and you'll know better next time to have spares hidden away.

Maybe she's like one of those people that always bums a smoke. She has constantly borrowed them, and people are tired of it and won"t give her any more.

Mungolikecandy 19

To be fair, you were not carrying either.

Haven’t females yet Learned to ALWAYS HE PREPARED?

Are you sure they just didn't want to give one to you?