By Anonymous - 29/05/2017 21:00 - Italy

Today, I went to the hospital to visit my grandfather. That's where I tripped over a loose cord in the hallway, resulting in a fractured elbow. I ended up in the emergency room and didn't even get to see my grandfather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 203
You deserved it 322

Top comments

Those hospitals always have clever ways to drum up more business for themselves!

Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.

Comments

UOFreak07 8
species4872 19

*harry *frank.... I know more if you like.

Those hospitals always have clever ways to drum up more business for themselves!

Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.

why? some people may actually want affordable healthcare but lawsuits will continue to drive the cost up. maybe op can just watch where they're walking a bit better

Yes, but a hospital should pay for its negligence in creating a dangerous situation. Anyway, OP is in Italy, so I don't know if he could sue the hospital.

Maybe you should put a report in for the hospital. Having something like that is a hazard, especially if there are sick people walking around.

Sneezing Sparrow 1

Don't feel bad. I broke my leg in two places walking into a hospital (slipped on some ice) to get my finger X-rayed. Finger was fine.

that really sucks. I have to say, I thought this was going to end in the cord being ripped out and bring his life support machine or something. guess you were at the right place for fractures. ironic though.

jamielusions 19

I love how you included not being able to see your grandad. Kudos to you, Op, for caring about your family. I mean this 100% free of sarcasm.

young_stud 14

You should have asked if they could put you in the same room beside you grandfather, at least then you'd get to see him. That's how I thought this FML was going to end.

I would honestly suggest asking them to pay for your medical bills, since it was their organizations neglect that lead to the injury. You don't necessarily have to sue or even threaten to- there's a chance that they'll pay out just to keep you quiet about it- at least, in the USA they might, but Italy might be different.