You bastard!

By Backseatseller - 15/09/2009 05:35 - New Zealand

Today, I was at work, and some people came in looking for a particular couch. After looking for over an hour on the wholesalers website my boss walks over, makes me take my lunch break and then calls over the couple and takes all the credit for the sale. We work on commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 693
You deserved it 3 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kiit_fml 0

I read this as the OP helping the customers find a couch for an hour, not searching for a specific one they already knew about but a particular kind of couch that fit their needs. Otherwise it would be much easier to find and obviously wouldn't take that long. The boss waited until they were set on a couch to swoop in and take credit for the sale. Fyl. It was incredibly unfair of your boss to do that, and it cheated you out of the commission you deserved for helping the customers.

Comments

You get a YDI from me, for implying it was the boss on the website for an hour. Go back to school. Added bonus: then maybe you won't have to work on commission anymore!

HotRodScott 0

If he is the boss he probably gets an override on your sales, he should have just helped you and made the sale under your name. That is called management.

Steals commissions LIKE A BAWS You think most of these assholes you get to become bosses because of hard work and intelligence? Hell, no! It's because they are willing to do shit like this that really impresses the big bosses.

Well that's why his job is better than yours, isn't it?

"Awww, not tonight... Not to 'ol Gill" (obscure Simpsons quote?) Your boss isn't the owner right? Someone works above him. Warn your boss that next time you'll go above them.

That was my first thought upon reading this. "Wait, Gil Gunderson's on FML now?" But then I realized: A) he's fictional, and B) if he were, I'm pretty sure all of the stories would be his.

Hawk3487 0

There are 2 sides to every story... There's your side, which needs a union, badly! And there's the customers' side, who probably don't give a rat's ass about you and just want their couch PDQ. I work retail, if a customer has to wait 5 mins, they'll just walk away. One hour is way too long... Good for your boss for getting the job done (it's all about business). He knew what they needed, you didn't. He should take the credit!

they obviously weren't the type to walk away. They probably liked the personal help, and he was helping them find what they were looking for.

PlasmaWafflez 0

Welcome to the real world. Either get a better job or learn to work the way your boss does.