Well received

By egghead - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, I was introducing my American cousin to the peaceful English village I live in. Just as I was reassuring her that the people were very friendly and welcoming, a car drove past and pelted us with eggs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 579
You deserved it 3 311

Top comments

perdix 29

By American standards, that is friendly and peaceful. Here, you'd get pelted with bullets.

Comments

leadman1989 15

Still less violent than America they were constantly apologizing in charming English accents while they did it. "Oh terribly sorry love, please except my deepest gratitude" And we would have used bricks!

gratitude, is a word for appreciation or thankfulness.......... bit of a retarded apology thanking them

leadman1989 15

Yes I noticed that RIGHT after it was to late to change FACE PALM... It ruined a good joke FML!!!

I am confused, since when do Americans have British accents?

Lol gotta love idiots like that. They will get their karma.

Why do I see a picturesque village with a stream, rolling hills and greenery and then a VW Polo with horrible music blaring out speeding through lobbing eggs here there and everywhere... Broken Britain, although seen as common sense has well and truly left England now it can be classed as an assult and is an arrestable offence! (oh dear)

mj_ok 9

Dont lie, we Americans can be jerks sometimes.

Looks like you should have given them the "cold" shoulder after they egged you! ... Wait a second... this isn't the Mr. Freeze pun thread... Whoops.

That's better than here in America... You get pelted with McDonald's

At least the McDonalds would be cooked and you'd get a free breakfast...

Irony: it's proof that there is some greater force with a sense of humor at work.

People need to learn what irony REALLY IS. What you just did, NOT IRONY! This is an unfortunate series of events, but is in no way ironic. Irony in the sense of your use would be like wearing a metal suit of armor because every time there is a thunderstorm bears come out, yet getting struck by lightning instead of protected by bears. There is a reversal there that makes the irony. Dramatic irony would be overly exaggerating an explanation of something in your sarcasm about what it is, like telling someone that lava is just brightly colored mayonnaise with orange food coloring then watching them burn alive because they jumped into the pool of the stuff. Verbal irony is simply spoken sarcasm. So unless you were being sarcastic and meant that as verbal irony, you aren't using irony. Sorry, the miss usage of irony is a pet peeve of mine.