Weird request, but OK

By sigh - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Medford

Today, my daughter told me that when she dies, she'd like her ashes spread on her laptop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 803
You deserved it 3 686

Top comments

And this is one of the many reasons why technology is taking over our lives.

Comments

And this is one of the many reasons why technology is taking over our lives.

Please explain to me how this is a reason. It's a result, if anything.

#1, this is not a reason WHY, this is a consequence OF technology being allowed to reign control of her life.

desidude 0

Life and after life as well!

i've gladly let technology take over my life lol. as long as it doesn't get in the way of everything else

Boy does she have her priorities straight...

14- You never know, she might ask to be put in the robot.

JocelynKaulitz 28

After that your laptop is gonna be all haunted and gonna go crazy at random moments...

I've heard of Internet addiction but that's ridiculous.

googlefrewdnoob 0

#48 still better than Vista.

She has too many friends on Facebook to let them go when she dies. She must comment on posts....from the grave!!!

notjustanybody20 9

that is one hell of a wierd request! :D

My above comment was sarcasm :) I do agree

Shouldn't be sarcastic that really is true love

Some people feel love towards inanimate objects like computers and such, because it's a big part of their life :) And always a support and so on. People tend to love supportive instances, one the many reasons to love your pet. But spreading ashes on a laptop/computer is kind of original, but kind of creepy idea.. But hey, I'm not to judge :) At least you should be glad you have a daughter that can be open to you about most things ^^

3/18, there's a big difference between sarcasm and just joking.

When I die I want to be fed to my wolf pack.

I love my knives. They are everything to me.

Um, I fear for your daughter to live without technology

It's okay, because if she does die without it, she'll find her way back :D "Mom, you're getting me stuck in the keyboard!'

I feel like the daughter needs some working experience

I would much rather have my ashes made into my laptop.

Wouldn't be your laptop if you were dead already would it?

googlefrewdnoob 0

Just make them into RAM and do an upgrade duh!

DontClickOnMe 28

What the hell? That's not weird at all..

Don'tClickOnMe - where do you find this kind of photo?!

^ Everytime I see your post & comments, it's about your photo.

Who disliked 24?? HOW can you dislike a penguin saying "NOOT NOOT Motherf•cker!"? Lol.

DontClickOnMe 28

Yeah I know. People just don't seem to ever get enough of me.

Something is wrong with your daughter OP. Why would she want to ruin a perfectly good laptop?

Badab1ng 5

Mmmmmm I'd spread my ashes on that laptop too. Intel i7 sandy bridge.... Delicious

And this is why I have concerns for people now'a'days.

Huh? How the hell does that make any sense?? I don't think that qualifies as 'taboo', really.

iseyixes 18

36- so it's normal for her to be so obsessed/emotionally attached to her laptop that she actually thinks a proper place for her ashes to be spread would be her laptop?? Suppose there were many people out there requesting to spend there afterlife with their favorite electronic device, after they spent an unhealthy amount of time during their life with it already. Would you think about being buried with your flat screen? No and I don't know that anyone would.

twisted_cherub 14

A taboo is something society has proscribed as unacceptable or prohibited. Having your ashes spread on a laptop is weird, but there's no rule against it, either religious or legal.

iseyixes 18

55- yes I know what taboo is. I was not saying this is currently recognized taboo, I was just making the comment that by social definition it is considered strange/taboo. And there are a few taboos known in society that have not really had a formal religious or legal rule against, but people still put a taboo label. So yes if I went to a wake or funeral and saw this being done I would definitely be thinking wtf?

65- Just shut up. The more you comment the less sense you make. Just admit you were wrong. This does not, in fact, qualify as taboo. Get over it.

Your comment made no sense to me either ... but I liked it anyways because taboo is one of my two favourite words...