By mackmackey - 18/05/2013 23:15 - United States - Phoenix

Today, while at hospital with a broken arm, I was asked to raise my hand onto the x-ray machine. I told the nurse I couldn't move it without extreme pain. She told me to suck it up, picked up my arm, and dropped it on the machine. I could feel the bone completely separate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 736
You deserved it 3 913

mackmackey tells us more.

hey OP here, thanks to many of you for suggesting a lawsuit, I'll consider it! Btw, it was at an urgent care and not a real hospital

Top comments

What. The. Hell. I sincerely hope you reported her.

hpdrew15 9

File a complaint with the hospital and lawsuit with the courts!!!

Comments

Spunge bath aftetwards to make it up!

It's rare for a nurse to work in that capacity. She probably was a radiology technician or assistant. You should write a letter to the hospital so this doesn't happen to someone else.

jem970 19

I don't think you should demonize all rad-techs. There are a few bad apples in every bunch, there ARE nasty nurses and doctors. Not all rad techs have terrible bed side manner.

sekolze 5

shes deserves the pain she put you through times ten. i swear some people these days.

You can technically take this to court. But if you don't want to go that far, just call the hospital and make a complaint about the nurse's rudeness and lack of care.

MythsNLegends 10

That's ridiculous. I'd start a nice conversation with her about what she drove then jack up the tail lights and all four tires on the way out.

monnanon 13

i find it hard to believe that you couldnt move your arm up onto the table at all. i smashed leg leg just above the ankle and was still able to move it just slowly and carefully. what the tech did was horrible but you should have at least tried to cooperate.

monnanon 13

mine wasnt that bad? i snapped my leg right the way through thats bone AND muscle. was it sore? yes it was ******* painful. was ops sore? sounds like it also was ******* painful. i already said she didnt deserve the treatment but sitting there refusing to try and move is not helping anyone. the tech was way out of line no one is disputing that but the limb has to get into place somehow.

People have different thresholds of pain. Comparing one persons pain to another's isn't accurate at all so I don't think we can judge him for this. Not without more information anyway.

ninjajoehenes48 8

Well YDI for not doing it yourself. *sarcasm*