By VampObsessed - 05/01/2013 05:30 - United States - Dallas

Today, when I got home I noticed a statue of a gnome sitting next to the door. I've had an intense phobia of gnomes since I was a child, and I can't bring myself to walk past it. It's been half an hour and I'm still standing outside. I can see my dad through the window laughing and waving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 191
You deserved it 8 740

VampObsessed tells us more.

VampObsessed 16

OP here. My key only works on the front lock so I couldn't use any other doors and our windows don't operate to allow anyone in. I had to call my boyfriend to come over and move it for me so I could get in. Recently the spare bedroom I workout in has been overtaken by gnomes and I've opened my bedroom door to a gnome in the hallway. He even put it in the shower. This is not a good way to help me get past my phobia.

Top comments

Meenah_fml 4

Careful. Beyond that door is gno man's land.

Have you tried a window? Or at least a broom to push it aside?

Comments

At least he didn't pull this prank while it's raining

token_blackguy 18
ShellShocker 5

If there is, try the back door.

loccsta83 5

That's pretty dumb kill yourself

If it's severe enough for it to lead to situations like this, I really hope you're now considering seeking treatment. If not, continuing to live like this falls square into YDI territory.

Pathetic. It's a ******* piece of clay. Kick it out of the way. You deserve to be still On the foot. Step. Your dad obviously has a great soh.

Dory_1118 2

And your first thought was to go make an FML about it?

1) Throwing a brick through a window is never a good idea, OP could seriously injure a family member (or pet if they have any) with the brick or the broken glass, not to mention having to pay to replace it. 2)They may not have a back door to use, many people don't. If there's an open window around the side or back, they might be able to get in, but we don't know. 3) A phobia is defined as an intense, irrational fear. Phobias are disorders. A person can't just "grow some balls" get over a phobia, it something that usually requires professional help. OP, I'm so sorry your father thinks it's funny to exploit your phobia. I hope that doesn't happen again, and I hope you're able to find a way to work past your fear in the future.