By VampObsessed - 05/01/2013 05:30 - United States - Dallas

Today, when I got home I noticed a statue of a gnome sitting next to the door. I've had an intense phobia of gnomes since I was a child, and I can't bring myself to walk past it. It's been half an hour and I'm still standing outside. I can see my dad through the window laughing and waving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 191
You deserved it 8 740

VampObsessed tells us more.

VampObsessed 16

OP here. My key only works on the front lock so I couldn't use any other doors and our windows don't operate to allow anyone in. I had to call my boyfriend to come over and move it for me so I could get in. Recently the spare bedroom I workout in has been overtaken by gnomes and I've opened my bedroom door to a gnome in the hallway. He even put it in the shower. This is not a good way to help me get past my phobia.

Top comments

Meenah_fml 4

Careful. Beyond that door is gno man's land.

Have you tried a window? Or at least a broom to push it aside?

Comments

perhaps your dad is a jerk. or perhaps he knows the best way to get passed a phobia, is to, quite literally, get passed it

Well I see a lot of people apparently don't understand Phobias. It's not like they just "get over it" or "man up."

That. Is effing hilarious. Time to invest in a BB gun.

KM96 24

Text someone else from inside and ask for removal?

The_F3rris 11

When someone has a phobia of something, it means that for whatever reason, logical or not, they think if they go near a certain thing it's going to harm them. So it's a lot harder than "just stopping". For example, could you just stop being an asshole? Probably not.

mufasa1026 6

Pest control!!!! Hahahahaha!!!