By VampObsessed - 05/01/2013 05:30 - United States - Dallas

Today, when I got home I noticed a statue of a gnome sitting next to the door. I've had an intense phobia of gnomes since I was a child, and I can't bring myself to walk past it. It's been half an hour and I'm still standing outside. I can see my dad through the window laughing and waving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 191
You deserved it 8 740

VampObsessed tells us more.

VampObsessed 16

OP here. My key only works on the front lock so I couldn't use any other doors and our windows don't operate to allow anyone in. I had to call my boyfriend to come over and move it for me so I could get in. Recently the spare bedroom I workout in has been overtaken by gnomes and I've opened my bedroom door to a gnome in the hallway. He even put it in the shower. This is not a good way to help me get past my phobia.

Top comments

Meenah_fml 4

Careful. Beyond that door is gno man's land.

Have you tried a window? Or at least a broom to push it aside?

Comments

jsolis1982 6

Can't you just walk around to another door?

Megan98 18
skyeyez9 24

I used to live near an old lady who collected garden gnomes in her yard. She probably had at least 150 surrounding her front porch, the porch steps, along and in the flower bed.

I can't stand spiders. I feel like every spider in the entire world is more poisonous than a black widow. I get so scared I freak. That intense fear causes me to destroy the spider. Even if I put a dent in the school's wall.

I don't have a phobia but I can sympathize. Your dad is a jerk.

Phobias are no laughing matter. I have a friend who is petrified of applesauce. She was a server and couldn't take tables that had children whose parents would bring it for them. She didn't like ppl finding out for this exact reason. Everyone just thought she wanted attention and would throw it on her. It wasn't funny when she had a panic attack and had to go to the hospital. My sympathies, op.

doglover100 28

Your dad is a jerk. Throw a rock at it or get a neighbor to remove it