By goodbyeGPA - 08/10/2018 17:30

Today, the first day of school, I went to the book store to purchase my textbooks. Not only did I wait for 30 minutes, but they didn’t even have my books in stock. I was advised to visit another campus 45 minutes away. They didn’t have it either. I have assignments due already. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 849
You deserved it 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been in school one day, and you have assignments, plural, to hand in already? That's insane. Also, why didn't your professor/s give you the list of books you need before you started? I attended an open day two weeks before I started, got all my books the day after, and was ready to go from day one.

whiskey'swino 15

Amazon is a much easier place to purchase textbooks and cheaper too! Campus bookstores are a rip off. I finished Grad school a fe years ago. For those condemning the OP for not buying early- for most schools it is best to wait until the first day to buy books because the reading lists change or certain "required" books are never used in class. I wasted hundreds buying early. I rather wait until the first day to purchase. That said, if the syllabus is available online and you saw the assignments due then yes the books should have been purchased earlier.

Comments

Just buy the books online. Not only are they waaaay cheaper but most of the online books come with a ebook to use while you wait for the physical copy. If you want the genuine college bookstore experience, just stay at home and burn a few hundred dollars. P.S Compare prices at several different sites because some are way cheaper than others.

I feel for you. Half the text books I purchased were never opened, even the ones I waited until day 1 to get.

You should have your books before you start a semester I mean I never did but you should :P

This is a tricky one: You wasted at least 1.25 hours (or 75 minutes.) Was that the right answer? Of course, it is — I’m a math whiz!

GreenReaper 13

You forgot to include the 45 mins to drive back to the original campus.

Maybe photocopy a classmates, or even the profs book? Unless it’s like 30 pages of reading. Like others said, check the library. It’s no fun to do homework in the library, but no one said college is supposed to be fun.

MA_medQ 7

I have been on this site for years without an account but I had to create one and say there are so many websites out there that lets you download pretty much any textbook as a pdf. You can google it but I know Reddit has a thread with a lot of links. Personally, I use gen.lib.rus.ec Don’t let insane and unreasonable textbook prices ruin your finances. I buy books written by my professors etc but almost exclusively download American textbooks because I refuse to pay for a book that is 3 times longer than it should be due to the fact that American textbook authors are paid per word.

Three words for you honey: AMAZON PRIME STUDENT. It's free for six months if you confirm your school email with them and the books will be there in two days, plus they're cheaper than going to the bookstore.

Suaria 38

Unless you can only get the books at the bookstore (which is highly unlikely), I would say find them online. You can find way cheaper books online than at your college bookstore. Also to the people commenting saying you should have gotten your textbooks before the class professors will sometimes tell you what books are required and which ones are not on the first day of class. You can save a lot of money on books waiting to know which ones you should or should not get.

Reason number 4862 I won't go to college.

Go to your campus library, they will usually have the text books available for you to use.