By colibricorolla - 04/09/2016 06:16 - United States - Raleigh

Today, my roommate gave us an hour's notice that she'd be babysitting her 4 youngest siblings in our apartment for an unspecified time. After hours of them running around, intruding, breaking things and one severely injuring himself on our furniture, it turns out they are staying the night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 176
You deserved it 1 074

colibricorolla tells us more.

OP again, what happened with the injury was the youngest and the second youngest decided they were going to race across our living room, and the former ran headfirst into the edge of the coffee table. Hard. Those two had walked into the kitchen while the rest of them were watching a movie at the time and I don’t think she noticed what they were doing until it was too late. He got a cut that was about an inch or so wide and looked pretty deep on his forehead. We were able to bandage it up, she got the bleeding to stop and confirmed he did not get a concussion from it but everything I frantically searched online said he was going to need stitches and all of the local urgent care centers had literally just closed 5 minutes before this happened. She took him the next morning when they left and they said he was OK, thank goodness, but a very brief lapse in supervision wasn't something to call CPS over.

Top comments

There's no better birth control than babysitting....or being the roommate of a babysitter. Good luck OP

LostInTheZone11 29

Little kids give EF5 tornados a run for their money when it comes to destruction.

Comments

devans00 14

Time for some house rules. Someone has to move if the other housemates don't agree to live in a childcare facility.